3. Amsterdam
I love Alaska and its beautiful scenery, people and wildlife. The more days cruising is a definite plus for me. A little different itinerary going to Icy Strait Point, Homer, and Kodiak. Unfortunately we did not get to Kodiak because of weather. That was okay since I will just have to do the cruise again another time. The weather in Alaska is definitely not the norm, and you just have to go with the flow. The captain is the man who knows best. Captain Jonathan is the greatest! The weather did not stop us from going on tours or just going out on our own. The food in the dining room and lunch at the Pinnacle was great. Breakfast in the Lido was very good. Piano Man Van was entertaining and played to the crowd. The entertainment was good, especially Hyperion Wright, who was excellent. The comedian Paul Morrisey(??) was awful. Liked seeing the 6 dancers actually dancing. The cruise director, Jorge, was not very visible, and there were not many activities other than trivia a few times a day. Would love to have had music during the happy hours. Music was played after happy hours were over.

14 day Alaska, r/t Seattle, 8/28-9/11/17

Amsterdam Cruise Review by cottonwood2000

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Piano Man Van was entertaining and played to the crowd.

cottonwood2000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F 1925
Cabin was very clean and comfortable, bed and bedding were wonderful. Best sleep I've had. Plenty of room for storage. Room stewards Sol and Yovi were great.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins