3. Norwegian Epic
We chose the Norwegian Epic as the times in port were excellent compared to other cruises I researched. I have cruised once before so had a pretty good idea what to expect. We had a balcony room which we found good. Food was mostly excellent, there is always something to eat! Pool area was good and kept very clean. Entertainment. Most of the singers seemed karaoke to me. Personal preference I guess as it appeared others really enjoyed it. Embarkation and Debarkation: Both quick and efficient. Made it nice to get off at port quickly to make your excusions. We did not use Norwegian and any excusions. I booked 3 excursions for myself and my wife in Naples, Rome and Florence with ItalyTours.eu which was cheaper than 1 excursion with Norwegian... Very expensive. Look around as you can do way better. It appears that Norwegian is prepared to nickel and dime anybody on their ship. If they can charge extra for something, they do. If you don't have the drink package its about 9US for a beer and 11US for a small glass of house wine. Bowling was 8US a game. Even the kids room for arcade games were 1.50US a game. You have to buy bottled water, but cannot bring the water you bought from Norwegian back on the ship. What got me though was a presentation then sales of a towel art DVD for 9US... Wow, I can't imagine my life without one of those. It was when I saw that I had to get off the ship! Overall, the Epic is OK. I think there are likely better cruise deals to be found elsewhere though, and hopefully they aren't trying to get more than and 18% gratuity you pay on every cent you spend.

Epic was OK...

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Guyvil

Guyvil’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BF 8039
We found the cabin had enough room for two adults. Enough cupboards to tuck items away.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins