3. American Spirit
American Cruise Line is our favorite line. I love the smaller number of passengers. The ships are lovely. Service is superior. Food is delectable, and we enjoyed the 1/2 portions! The cocktail hour is a big fun plus! The elevators were most important to me. This time we went to Seattle for the Puget Sound Cruise. On a pre-cruise package, we stayed at a beautiful Sheraton Hotel on Friday night. On Saturday morning, we had a pleasant tour of Seattle and were delivered to the ship (American Spirit) for lunch. We were very lucky in that the weather was sunny and warm, about 70-80 degrees or so. My husband is an early riser and often rode the bike early in the mornings. Walking tours are not an option for me with limited mobility (cane or rollator). My husband was able to do all the tours he wanted. I got to a number of good tours, but, at times, the buses were a long walk from the ship. My favorite tours were to Hurricane Ridge and to the Suquamish Museum. The drive through the forest to the Ridge was lovely, and the views of the mountains were spectacular. The Suquamish Museum was small, but very interesting. A young Native guided us on the tour. My husband especially enjoyed the Whale Tour and the Flight Museum. For this cruise, we had a fantastic speaker, Amy Traxler. She was most dynamic with tons of energy. She mingled with all the passengers and took many of the tours. Her "talks" were truly "gems" of knowledge. I even like "slugs" after one of her talks. Ha Ha. I was very impressed with her. This is not a cruise for children. Most of the passengers are older adults. There is nothing for children to do. Could that be why I like it so much? Yes, I would like to do more with this Cruise Line.

American Cruises "Do It Right".

American Spirit Cruise Review by Cowgirl10

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Cabin A

My husband is an early riser and often rode the bike early in the mornings.

Cowgirl10’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Spirit price drops

Cabin A
Cabin A 108
In the past, We have had a cabin with a balcony. We seldom used it, so I decided to try a less expensive cabin with a big window. It was great. I would do that again! Our cabin was homey and good in every way. And, we still had access to all the public rooms.
  American Spirit Deck Plans