3. Carnival Imagination
I had experienced my first cruise ever in the early '90s on CARNIVAL during Spring break. At that time I was in my 20s and honestly had the time of my life! Now 30 years have passed and I have cruised extensively on the other brands under the Carnival Corp & PLC Ownership (Princess, Holland, etc) as well as Royal Caribbean. My complaints (which aren't many because I love cruising) are completely different from brand to brand. For this specific cruise we chose a more value oriented vacation because we planned a big surprise w friends for my mothers 90th Bday. So I was already familiar w several other ships/brands etc and knew Carnival would provide value and more of a fun atmosphere for our group. HOWEVER, when I say fun ... it doesn't necessarily mean playing music at 20000 decibels all over the ship 24/7. I LOVE MUSIC probably more than any other creative outlet - but even I was astonished at the unbelievable LOUD and intrusive selections as well as the dj's inability to actually mix music together. But like I said, for the value, you must accept the things you cannot change, and don't let it become a negative obsession. BUT, my one of my favorite pastimes of just sitting back and watching the crowd go by was unrivaled on the Carnival Imagination! And a REALLY friendly diverse group of folks all very upbeat. Now, on Princess or Holland, the experience is DEFINITELY NOT a party atmosphere, but the food and accommodations are much more classy & upscale. But, on those cruise lines everyone is either married or a widow/widower w the only children in sight pushing their late teens. So, in the end it all depends on what you're looking for or hoping to gain from your experience. It was nice to see mid life singles, and actually have some fun yet meaningful interactions. I have yet to find one or two other singles in the THOUSANDS of older married couples who frequent the other ships under the Carnival umbrella of brands. In the end it's always nice to have a vast experience in all categories. Some trips you just want to read & relax and not be bothered, and others you want to " throw your hands up in the air, like you just don't care " LOL

Great Value for the price ~ BUT . . . Be prepared to PARTY!

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Lakesidekelli

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Lakesidekelli’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D R137
All cabin classifications on each and every cruise line & brand are identical especially n size. The only difference from Interior on Carnival say to Princess or Holland are the furnishings and accoutrements. But the classifications and sizes are just about the same on all bid cruise lines.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins