MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Coeliac problems on cruise chips

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by alenasrdelic

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

Dear cruisers, suffering from celiac disease. My children and I are suffering from celiac disease, and because of this, since we have been diagnosed, we only cruise with MSC, as it is the only monitored by the Italian Society for Celiac disease. I have to tell you that although food is great , without any objection, I have to comment on our dissatisfaction.

As you just know on all the cruise ships food is available all day long until late night hours. We celiacs are convicted of eating food only in the main restaurant and only 3x daily. Which means that if you leave the boat late for lunch or dinner you stay hungry !!! Since we experienced it two years ago, last year I asked for a new cruiser MSC Meraviglia will the food be available at a particular location throughout the day? Since the response that the MSC gave was positive with enthusiasm we have boooked a new cruise. However, I must say that I was disappointed that everything was the same as on the other ships. I ask staf on board lunch packet for me and my kids , so that we could eat something between lunch and dinner (there is no gluten free food outside the main restaurant) but this was only possible on the day that we had a paid excursion. The worse thing for my kids is walking and smelling pizza , looking ice cream and pancakes and nothing FOR US!!!Otherwise, MSC Meraviglia is really one of the finest cruisers , the entertainment team is the best so far, and the food is outstanding. Why then MSC can not give us at least only a small detail, like an afternoon gluten free snack (fruit , sandwich, cookies, pizza for kids?).

We look forward to that day!!!

Regards

Coeliac princess and kids

alenasrdelic's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Bella 8001

Cabin was big, beautiful balcony. Bed was exellent.

alenasrdelic