3. Crown Princess
We were on the Crown 7 years ago and I thought it was beautiful then, and I still do. Of course it is older and will get cosmetic refurbishment in March 2018, but the crew takes good care of the ship and the staff is very friendly and caring. The food in the dining rooms and Horizon Court is quite consistently good. We couldn't tender in to the Shetland Islands due to weather, but took excursions in all the ports in beautiful Iceland and really saw and learned a lot. It was overcast or cloudy until Reykavik. That night on deck 16 at the back of the ship we saw the Aurora Borealis! The officer made an announcement of might be possible and they turned down the lights for us. I felt the captain always put the comfort and safety of his passengers and staff first and we trusted his judgment. The Atlantic crossing (4 sea days with only a little sun) was overcast and foggy but not rough. It rained in St. John's , Newfoundland but was sunny in Halifax. The weather was nice when we got to NYC. Several people on the ship got respiratory illnesses--colds, coughs--so take hand washing seriously, cover your cough-- and get cruise insurance. If you get sick, go to the ship doc and pay upfront but get prescriptions to get better fast, then submit the bill to your health insurance and cruise insurance. There were mostly older guests on this trip since school had started. We enjoyed the entertainment, excursions, food, staff and each other! The atmosphere on the ship was positive and pleasant. I would go on the Crown again.

Iceland, Northern Lights and across the Atlantic

Crown Princess Cruise Review by ETSanJose

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

There were mostly older guests on this trip since school had started.

ETSanJose’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E228
Liked the layout. Obstructed view but could see water below and had a view to the left. My mattress was badly sagging so after our nice steward worked on trying to make it comfortable with a foam topper and board I talked to the
purser's desk and at 9 pm and they had a supervisor find a new mattress and replaced the bad one. The ship was full so I was happy they found one.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins