Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Sanaye

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

I chose this cruise because my friend was taking this cruise. Staff was excellent, food very good, excursions were expensive and disappointing. Paying to go ashore was a bother. Paying for water was ridiculous. The wifi was expensive and worked so-so. Some of my messages homes never made it. However, IT staff were helpful and pleasant. Our cabin steward was excellent and helpful.

The meals in International Dining Room were served quickly and professionally. However, the selection of cheeses didn't change as far as I could tell. I stopped ordering cheese plate after two or three times with same cheese. Afternoon tea was delightful. The chicken in the coq au vin was overcooked and dry. Given all this, I would take another Princess Cruise to Japan since river boats which I prefer, don't sail there.

We spent four days in Yokohama/Tokyo before cruise which was wise to do. Thank you.

Sanaye's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview
Cabin OF P329

Good size and comfortable for the money. Difficult to keep water in shower with thin curtains. Storage very good. Television reception not available twice and technician needed to fix it. Cabin was quiet...very few outside noises heard.

Sanaye