Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by jolivia

• Sail Date: Oct 2009
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I travel Solo, so traveling solo on this cruise I had doubts I could do it again. My first Solo cruise was to Alaska on Holland America. The itinerary was wonderful and unforgettable, however it was a challenge to be alone. So this next cruise I fretted about it, but went with faith. Surprise!!! My table mates were the best. The people I had a chance to meet on board were the best. Embarkation out of Norfolk was COLD....... but quick and we were able to go to our cabins before 2pm being the ship was ready coming from Canada.

My Cabin was an inside, and although I do not mined an inside, it was tiny compared to Holland Americas.

Public areas were small and dated. the halls leading to the cabins were dark and dated, I noticed there were no mail boxes like the other ships I have sailed.

Food venues: Buffet was average, but I did notice the wait staff was very prompt in clearing the tables compared to the last Carnival cruise on the Glory in 04 were the staff was very slow in clearing the tables, food was left all over the place.

Dinning room food to me was average also, nothing stood out.

Debarkation was slow being the ship came in port 45 mins late than scheduled. Very chaotic All in all I had a good time, I might travel Carnival again

jolivia's Full Rating Summary

Interior

Inside cabin 6304, quiet location, no noise at night. Not near any elevators or stairs. Located in the middle of the ship on deck 6 which I feel is a very good location

Cabin very small compared to the Holland America inside cabin. No amenities in the bathroom lacking ambiance

Nassau

I visit Paradise Island, Paradise is the word. What a beautiful resort I did the Atlantis Beach day excusion, It was worth it. The ship was in port for two days, so day two I did some shopping in town , really nothing to speak about the run of the mill touist shopping. I did have a oppotunity to eat at an authentic Bahamian cafe, called Cafe Scaners Food was delich'

Freeport

Nothing to do at the pier you would have to take a taxi to the Lucaya beach resort and I understand the snorkeling was canceled due to high winds on the beach

jolivia