3. Navigator of the Seas
Overall, I was pleased with my trip and had a great time. There are certain areas that really stood out positively for me and some areas that stood out negatively. Pros: -Amazing service. The crew seemed happy in their roles and like they genuinely wanted to please us as customers. -Our steward was phenomenal. He cleaned our room in the morning and then in the evening tidied it up (emptied the trash/cleaned up the towels etc) and he was always friendly. -Ship layout. Easy to get around and I didn't feel overcrowded. If you went further from the pool, you could find a pool lounge chair without a problem. -Mini golf, rock climbing, flo-rider were included and seemed great. We had some bad weather so I didn't get to try all. Cons: -The variety of food was terrible. So much so, that I would not book another 14 day cruise with Royal Carribean because I was so tired of it. I could literally eat dinner in the main dining room and then spot the exact same thing the next day in the windjammer. This happened over and over again. Plus, the food quality was just not good. So eating the same thing that wasn't even that good, really got old fast. -Entertainment and activities throughout the day were lacking. Of 14 days cruising, 6 or 7 of the main headliner shows were comedians of some kind. It was disappointing especially since the comedians tailored their jokes to British cruisers and since we are not British, we didn't get most of the jokes. The ice skating show, hypnotist, and string fever were excellent shows though and a must see. -Sales pitching taken to an extreme. I don't mind sales pitches but it was too much. So many of their activities were really just sales pitches ( which ties into why I felt they didn't offer enough activities). Then when you actually bought something, they STILL tried to sales pitch you. I bought a massage and as soon as I walked out the acupuncturist is telling me how great acupuncture would be after a massage and during the massage they put eye cream on me to see how I liked it. So many of their activities that are free are listening to live music at the bar in an attempt to make more sales by you drinking more, etc. They didn't want to fill up my water bottle because they seemed to want me to buy their bottled water also for example. Entering in the windjammer buffet, you get asked to buy specialty dining and then again once you leave. -The spa is a rip off in price. Way more money then it is off the boat. I was actually a bit disappointed in my massage too. Having spent more money then I usually would, I would have hoped for more then just an average massage. Also, for the french shellac manicure they charge $55 or $70 ( I say that because I got told two different prices) and they don't even cut your cuticles so more money then elsewhere for less then what's done at a normal nail salon.

Enjoyable Trip - some great things and some areas for improvement

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by spr5988

Pros:

Cons:

spr5988’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Great cabin and really happy with it. Room for me and my husband to put our belongings away. Still smaller than a hotel room, but definitely not bad. I loved being in a promenade room and seeing the promenade. Did feel motion in this room on certain nights when the boat was really moving.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• La Coruna
    There was a bus tour done by locals for 15 euros each right when you got off the boat. It was a great tour. They told us we wouldn't have time to see the top of the Tower of Hercules with our 30 minutes stop. We're very in shape and there was no line, so we were able to see the top in that time given. Showed us Tower of Hercules, octopus statue, cannon statute, and one other stop I'm drawing a blank on.
    View All 232 La Coruna Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's La Coruna Cruise Port Review
  • Lisbon
    I loved Lisbon!! We did the hop on, hop off tour which had a pick up right off the boat so it was easy to spot. It was a great way to see the city. The same drop off was not available on the way back so we walked a little to get back to the boat but it wasn't a problem for us. They only take euros though and no credit card, so be prepared. It was $20 euros each if I remember correctly.

This port had free internet when you got off the ship.
    View All 787 Lisbon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Lisbon Cruise Port Review
  • Ribeira Brava
    We booked the emblematic Madeira and Ribeira Brava excursion and it was great. Great views, enjoyable day and the tour guide was great. We tried a spada sandwich that our tour guide recommended that he said was a local cuisine and it was really good.
    View All 4 Ribeira Brava Reviews
  • Paris
    This was a really bad stop. We docked an hour late. Paris and Normandy excursions were pricey and far away so we thought we would just explore the port but it was a terrible port. Turned out to be cold, windy and rainy and all there was to do is shopping and nothing to see. Very industrial.
    View All 168 Paris Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Paris Cruise Port Review
  • Sete Cicades Crater Lake Tour
    I HIGHLY recommend the hike tour through Sete Cicades. It was excellent. The views were incredible and the hike was not grueling by any means. We were able to walk at our own pace and meet up with the guide, so lots of time to take pictures.
    View All 34 Sete Cicades Crater Lake Tour Reviews
  • Santiago de Compostela
    This was one of my least favorite tours. The church was too busy to get into and just not a very memorable trip at all. I would have saved the money and done something myself at the port. I heard bus tours were going on by locals in Vigo and were really good.
    View All 27 Santiago de Compostela Reviews