3. Grandeur of the Seas
I love the fact that the Grandeur is a smaller ship and that it sails out of Baltimore. Makes for an easier and more affordable vacation when I don't have to add the cost of a flight to my trip. Have sailed on the Grandeur three times and have enjoyed all ports/destinations and have enjoyed some really good entertainment on board. Our most recent cruise on the Grandeur was to Canada and New England and I highly recommend it. Very beautiful destinations and lots to do and see. MY ADVICE FOR THIS CRUISE: IN CANADA, LOOK FOR THE PINK BUS TOURS. THEY ARE FREE TO CRUISE PASSENGERS. What I don't love about the Grandeur is that they are pushing more and more dining room menu options and specialty restaurants that you have to pay extra for, all while the quality of the menu items in the dining room and selection at the buffet become mediocre at best. It's like they're sending a message that the price of your meals is included, unless you want quality food. The drink prices have gotten ridiculous, then you have to add 18% to that and the bar service is slower. Less bartenders, less wait staff. We found it hard to flag down a waiter while sitting in the balcony level of the Palladium Theater, like they didn't want to have to come upstairs or something. Our stateroom attendant was wonderful, but our bed was very uncomfortable and looked and felt like an army cot (not even a bedskirt). Lastly, I'm all for being environmentally responsible, but on several occasions the bath towels had a foul odor. I'm guessing a really cheap detergent (at least I hope that's all it was and not dirty towels). Never experienced that before on any cruise line. I am not nit-picking, just giving an honest review of each like and dislike. I would definitely cruise on the Grandeur again but personally I'd rather see them hike their fares a little bit than make more cut backs. I love cruising and hate to see it getting dumbed down.

Third Time Sailing on Grandeur

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by MissPhoeb

MissPhoeb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Very uncomfortable bed. Very hard. When you run water in the bathroom sink, you can hear it bubble in the shower drain and a bad smell follows. Curtains could use a good cleaning. On the plus side, there is plenty of room to store your clothes and luggage. I brought a lot and had no storage problems.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans

• Bar Harbor
    Again, we chose a tour based on reviews on Trip Advisor, Ollie's Trolley. This tour took us all around Bar Harbor, which is magnificent, and then on to Acadia National Park. There were many stops along the way for photo opportunities, souvenirs and a bathroom stop. It was a two and a half hour tour, so plenty of time to see many beautiful sights. This was also a very walkable route between the cruise pier and the trolley station with lots of nice shops and restaurants along the way.
    View All 501 Bar Harbor Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bar Harbor Cruise Port Review
  • Boston
    Took a shuttle (not free) into downtown Boston and picked up a map of the Freedom Trail. Enjoyed walking the trail on our own, then enjoyed a couple of beers in a local tavern, then did some souvenir shopping before returning to ship. Had lovely weather and really enjoyed the day. First time in Boston for hubby; 2nd for me.
    View All 666 Boston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Boston Cruise Port Review
  • Halifax
    Again, we booked no tour for this day. We decided to take a long walk along the harbor and souvenir shop along the way. Not many souvenir shops along the walk, but beautiful views (the weather was beautiful). There were many nice vendors set up just outside of the ship though and we picked up some nice things. There's also a very nice farmers market just outside the cruise ship. A definite plus - free WiFi is available in just about all public places in Canada. You will be able to check your emails and messages in both St. John, NB and Halifax, NS. Yay Canada!
    View All 780 Halifax Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Halifax Cruise Port Review
  • Portland (Maine)
    We booked a Trolley tour on our own based on TripAdvisor reviews and it was wonderful. The cruise ship's excursions were way too expensive. We toured downtown Portland and then on to Portland Headlight. It was a gorgeous day and we got many really good pictures. We enjoyed souvenir shopping afterwards and it is an easy walk between the pier and the trolley station.
    View All 349 Portland (Maine) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Portland (Maine) Cruise Port Review
  • Saint John (New Brunswick)
    We did not do a tour on this stop. Just went out on our own exploring. While out, I found out that the Pink Bus tours are free to cruise passengers. It is an approximately 1 and a half hour tour and unfortunately we found out too late to be back to the ship on time. We set sail early that day. Definitely check that advantage of that if you take this cruise.
    View All 386 Saint John (New Brunswick) Cruise Port Reviews