3. Celebrity Equinox
Everyone had doubts as to what kind of weather we would have even though the captain assured us we would be south of hurricane Irma. We went to Curacao first to avoid the storm and had absolutely perfect weather for 11 days. We did have to cancel St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Tortolla although. Food was very good onboard whether it was the main dining room or Oceanview cafe (buffet). My husband and I have done 94 cruises so we often eat in the buffet because we just can't eat large dinners and hate to waste food. We have seen the production shows before, so we skipped them, but for newbies, the Topper show is excellent. I did not care for Ellysim, but that is my opinion. The headliner shows were also excellent. The activities staff onboard this ship now were fantastic! I love to dance so they did a great job around the pool and hosting parties at night. We have been on this ship 10 times but I have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable trips this cruise. Service was excellent as always, embarkation and disembarkation were smooth. Would highly recommend, but I will add that this is not a child friendly cruise with it being 11 days. We rarely saw any children the entire trip.

Equinox avoids Irma

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by sms82450

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)

sms82450’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6240
cabin had a larger than normal balcony. The only obstruction was below our cabin. There was a platform for the workers to get to the lifeboats, but other than that, we enjoyed it.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins