3. Costa Mediterranea
The itinerary was exactly what I was looking for in an 8 day cruise. Check-in was very efficient, drop your bag outside and agent verifies bag tag, number given for check-in group, waited only a few minutes until group was called, maybe 10 agents verifying documents, passed through security and on the ship, cabin keys on your bed in cabin. Very easy and efficient. You have to remember this line caters to Europeans and Americans are in the minority. I went in knowing this and wanted to be immersed in the culture. Ship was very "Italian" in decor, much like the Carnival Miracle or Dream (Costa is owned by Carnival Corp). Public areas were clean. They seemed to have problems with the water and hot showers took a while and there were restrooms outside the dining area that never seemed to work. Cabin was in need of updating and the carpeting needed replacement (or cleaning). Surprisingly I expected a lot of smoking but I didn't really encounter that thank goodness. Food was not to my liking. Free coffee was only offered at breakfast and you had to pay at other times. My husband was able to get a cup of coffee one night at dinner but was not able to get any milk or cream as they said there wasn't any??? Americans were provided a bottle of water at dinner. Menu caters to Europeans. Entertainment was not to my liking but that was okay because we were tired at night. All in all, we got what we wanted.....the itinerary.

Chose this because of itinerary

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by silversneakers

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

All in all, we got what we wanted.....the itinerary.
silversneakers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Mediterranea price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC
Can't remember cabin number. We chose an inside cabin on the lower deck because we felt there would be too much smoking (and smoke rises) and also smoking was allowed on the balconies. We were midship, no issues with location and there was no smell of smoke.
Narciso Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins