Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review
1,679 Reviews

The cruise itself was less than I had expected.

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by athens999

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

My wife and were traveling with two other couples and have been on other cruises. We had not had the pleasure of being with Royal Caribbean before. We were excited to take this cruise as it contained the area that interested the six of us together. In my experience I noticed the lack of training of the crew in some of the most basic skills I think necessary to operate a successful cruise. This ship was not as clean as I have noticed in the past. If you notice that crew members are walking around trying to avoid cleaning off tables and not picking up stuff off the floor and just not appearing to be conscious of their duties. It appeared to me that even as we had paid the full asking price for the cruise, Royal Caribbean is engaged in extracting every penny it can get from the people on board. A cheap bottle of wine at dinner time will cost you two to three time the amount you would pay at home in the US. Soft drinks are right up there also. It just seems as though after you get on board they are willing extract as much of your money as they can. I go on a cruise to experience something that is different form other vacations and have experienced that on other cruise lines. Will not be returning to Royal Caribbean. Its the little things that set people apart.

athens999's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin Q 7581

The cabin and the attendee were as good as any I have experienced.

City Tour