Coral Princess Cruise Review

Fun trip

Coral Princess Cruise Review by Murph76

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: Alaska

I arrived in Fairbanks and was excited to take the well planned and educational excursions there and in Denali. The 9.5 hour train trip was beautiful and a great way to meet more new friends!

The cruise ship was well appointed, the staff was very good, and the onboard ensemble entertainment was exceptional, as was the set and lighting of each program!

The ports we visited were good and the weather was phenomenal - sun almost every day, very uncommon for this time of year, and the excursions were well planned. We were unable to visit Skagway directly due to a landslide which took out the dock we would have used. People with excursions were credited for the cost of the ferry to/from Haines where we docked. I was delighted to be able to visit Haines, as I had not yet been there (this was my 4th Alaskan cruise) so was very happy to tour the town using the local shuttle, do a walking tour of the first Army fort in Alaska, and also add an excursion to Chilkoot Lake on a pontoon with a very knowledgeable guide! I also got pictures of a bear, salmon, an eagle, and beautiful waterfalls.

However, there was a serious outbreak of a respiratory virus which spread through the ship, with many people restricted to their cabins and at least 2 people taken to hospitals. At no time did I see staff cleaning banisters, door knobs, elevator buttons, etc .(common illness prevention tasks!!!), or providing masks for healthy or unhealthy people on board for safety's sake!

I had a great oceanview cabin with a wonderful stewardess who took good care of me!

I would definitely take this trip again!

Murph76's Full Rating Summary

Chilkoot Lake scenic cruise

Our guides were very knowledgeable and fun! We were able to see a bear, eagle, salmon in various stages of life, as well as many beautiful waterfalls.

View All 4 Chilkoot Lake scenic cruise Reviews