• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
2019 reviews
3 Awards

What has happened to Princess?

Review for Crown Princess to Transatlantic
Andrewtipping
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

My wife having cruised with Princess many times and myself four years ago I was disappointed to find how much things seem to have slipped in the meantime. Boarding did not proceed by decks as indicated in precruise material. As a result my wife and I found ourselves having to wait for over 90 minutes to be processed. we had gone to some trouble to arrive at the time requested by Princess. Having got onboard we found our stateroom keys were not working and had to stand in a long line to get that fixed. Princess had failed to give my wife her Platinum status. She had to spend quite some time getting this fixed only to find that this had not been done properly causing more problems in getting her internet entitlement. Anytime dining was a disaster. Long queues and harassed maitre d's. We finally managed to get changed to traditional dining after two requests to that effect were ignored.

The Princess accounting system requires major overhaul. To reverse an erroneous charge is not a matter of passing a credit. The system reverses an earlier correct debit thus creating two erroneous entries. I must have spent at least two hours dealing with problems of this kind. The passenger service personnel have language and competency problems. Their instinctive reaction to a concern seemed to be defensive. Princess can do no wrong. Usually the problem had to be referred to someone else. Often there was no follow up and I had to go back, stand in line and explain everything again to a different person. One night we were woken twice in the night by a faulty PA system which rang bells loudly. We reported this. No one got in touch to explain let alone apologise. It took three requests before a plumber came to fix a faulty tap.

The Crown Princess is in need of major refitting and that is not confined to the tired fabric and fittings. Our balcony floor was covered by paint spots and there were major rust areas that clearly had not been attended to for ages. A number of seats in the theatre were broken.

Mini-Suite with Balcony