3. Emerald Liberte
We chose this cruise at the last minute, we chose Emerald as it fitted in with our timetable. We were very lucky to choose Emerald, as the boat was brand new this year, the staff were all very hard working and very polite. The shore excursions were very popular, I only went on the wine tasting tour, which was very interesting. My husband can't walk far which is why we didn't go on any other tours. I went on one of the walking tours, but found they walked too slowly, and it wasn't on the slow walking tour! The evening entertainment was diverse, and enjoyable. There was a cheese tasting which was a bit of a dog fight, it would have been better if the cheese was served already on individual plates, instead of having to wait to be served in a queue, like school dinners. The breakfast buffet was amazing, all you could want and more. Lunch was a buffet in the dining room. We found it very noisy and preferred to have a light lunch in the bar/lounge which was adequate, with wine or soft drink available. I would have liked more cheese French cheese on the menu, especially as the local cheeses are so wonderful. A coffee machine in the lounge was very popular, self service anytime day or night. Tea with a few boring sandwiches and cake was available in the lounge. The dinner in the evening was good but I found it disappointing, the only fish served was perch which is a very bony river fish and salmon, which was very ordinary. I was expecting some French food on the menu.The wines served were very good and plentiful. The service at dinner was good but often very rushed. I have centered my review on food, as a woman spends so much of her time cooking and shopping for food, I was really looking forward to enjoying every meal. The ship was very clean, the staff were permanently cleaning the glass windows and stairways in the public area It was our first river cruise and we are thinking of taking another one next year. The only downside was when the coach arrived at the departure airport of Marseille and parked about 400 yards from the airport entrance, the tour guide went off in search of a wheel chair for my husband and never returned. After waiting 20 minutes we set off with my husband leaning on the luggage trolley, the coach driver came with us to show us the way and half way along my husband could walk no further and he had to sit on the suitcases and the coach driver pushed him all the way into the airport terminal. Thank goodness he did as I could not have done it. I then went in search of a wheelchair, not available until you have checked in, I was told!! The check in procedure took 30 plus minutes.!!

A very relaxing week, on a beautiful boat, through amazing scenery.

Emerald Liberte Cruise Review by Altintas

The evening entertainment was diverse, and enjoyable.

The breakfast buffet was amazing, all you could want and more.

Tea with a few boring sandwiches and cake was available in the lounge.

Altintas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Liberte price drops

The cabin was a good size every inch of space was used. We had a full size window, and laying in the very comfortable bed watching the amazing scenery go by was very relaxing.
Also there was a full size window night blind and sun blind, I hate curtains.