3. Royal Princess
We chose this cruise mostly due to the shore stops. A few months after our deposit the stops changed due to unrest in Turkey. For some reason Princess booked Kotor stop 3 times! Even though I was dissapointed in the changes I went ahead and made final payment. How I regret this decision. I had no idea that this trip was really three 7 day cruises. Why does this matter? It means each 7 day cruise plan is repeated including entertainment, on board activities etc. it also meant that menus are repetitive - no pub fish and chips on at sea days because they only do this on10 day or more cruises. One of the biggest disappointments was that we were scheduled for 2 stops to Mykonos. Both stops were canceled due to windy conditions. We had scheduled shore excursions for Mykonos as this was a highlight of the trip. Kotor was ok for one visit - three was too many. Poor planning by Princess. Other lousy stops were Katakolon and Chios. Princess needs to choose more wisely. Food service was very disappointing. Where do I begin? Horizon court food is luke warm at best - maybe 1 out of 25 choices was hot! We complained numerous times to the floor supervisor and they said they measured the temperature on the warming tray and it was acceptable. Excuse me but I am not eating the warming tray - I am eating the food on top which is cold! I would strongly urge that the they have random checks by independent food service professionals. In addition most of the roasted meats were medium rare- this is unhealthy. We are on a meditteranean cruise but yet the so called chefs prepared Indian, Mexican, Mongolian dishes. What the heck? The few times that they had Italian, Greek and Meditteranean buffets they were prepared by Indian and Asian chefs that had no clue how to cook authentic food. The dining rooms attempt to serve food that is somewhat warm. The only consistent dish was the salmon. While the menu seemed to have interesting choices the execution was very sad. The choices on the pool deck - burgers and pizzas, bbq were gross. Alfredo's served hot fresh food - finally a restaurant to go to - however you cannot eat the same food every day. Sabatinis and Crown Grill were ok - not 5 star dining. The customer service personnel were very robotic. They always answered by saying "you signed the passenger contract" which seems to absolve them of any complaints. I found customer service reps to be very surly and basically mean. Do not get the Internet package - complete ripoff! We stayed in a mini-suite - was nice to have the room divider, bed was comfortable. Balcony is way to small. The twice daily service was acceptable - however sheets were only changed once during the 7 day cycle. This is not a 4 star service - you get daily sheet changes in Holiday Inn! We did enjoy visits to Athens, Santorini, Rhodes - we were glad to have booked shore excursions to Mt Etna and the winery on Mt Vesuvius. Don't waste your time in Tamorina - over priced. We will never go on a cruise again - while the convenience of having the same room to go home to is a great appeal - the negatives outweighed the positives. One last note - the cruise ship is a breeding ground for colds and flu. No matter how hard they try to sanitize you cannot prevent getting sick from people coughing and sneezing in the elevators, dining rooms and public spaces. Bring plenty of cold and flu medications - we ran out and sorely regretted this. You cannot rely on local pharmacies to give you the type of medications you can get in your own country.

Do your homework- read reviews both positive and negative

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Ducky123