• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Royal Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Do your homework- read reviews both positive and negative

Review for Royal Princess to the Mediterranean
Ducky123
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise mostly due to the shore stops. A few months after our deposit the stops changed due to unrest in Turkey. For some reason Princess booked Kotor stop 3 times! Even though I was dissapointed in the changes I went ahead and made final payment. How I regret this decision. I had no idea that this trip was really three 7 day cruises. Why does this matter? It means each 7 day cruise plan is repeated including entertainment, on board activities etc. it also meant that menus are repetitive - no pub fish and chips on at sea days because they only do this on10 day or more cruises.

One of the biggest disappointments was that we were scheduled for 2 stops to Mykonos. Both stops were canceled due to windy conditions. We had scheduled shore excursions for Mykonos as this was a highlight of the trip. Kotor was ok for one visit - three was too many. Poor planning by Princess. Other lousy stops were Katakolon and Chios. Princess needs to choose more wisely.

Food service was very disappointing. Where do I begin? Horizon court food is luke warm at best - maybe 1 out of 25 choices was hot! We complained numerous times to the floor supervisor and they said they measured the temperature on the warming tray and it was acceptable. Excuse me but I am not eating the warming tray - I am eating the food on top which is cold! I would strongly urge that the they have random checks by independent food service professionals. In addition most of the roasted meats were medium rare- this is unhealthy. We are on a meditteranean cruise but yet the so called chefs prepared Indian, Mexican, Mongolian dishes. What the heck? The few times that they had Italian, Greek and Meditteranean buffets they were prepared by Indian and Asian chefs that had no clue how to cook authentic food. The dining rooms attempt to serve food that is somewhat warm. The only consistent dish was the salmon. While the menu seemed to have interesting choices the execution was very sad. The choices on the pool deck - burgers and pizzas, bbq were gross. Alfredo's served hot fresh food - finally a restaurant to go to - however you cannot eat the same food every day. Sabatinis and Crown Grill were ok - not 5 star dining.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Was accetable

Port Reviews

Kotor

It is stunning trip into the Fjjord to get to Kotor - stop was boring

Mykonos

Captain Nick said it was too windy so we went to Athens a day early

Athens (Piraeus)

You can catch hop on/off bus t the port - good value to take you to various spots such as Accroplis and Plaka (shopping/dining)

Katakolon (Olympia)

Boring - went to beach right off the port

Rhodes

Had great beaches and historical sights - you can do both in same day - all in walking distance

Santorini

Took public bus to Ojai - then returned to do local shopping. Was a day where we were only cruise ship so lines were ok

4 Helpful Votes