3. Carnival Inspiration
We used to love this ship, but once we got on board, we found it had changed. Just came from a 4-day cruise and dad to say, the ship isn't as good as I remembered. We boarded and went to our inside cabin in the empress deck, only to be met with a giant fan and the odor of mold.we could smell it on The odd cabin wing, not as much on the even cabin hall. We immediately went to guest services and asked to be moved. They told us to wait until after muster drill, when they would have an idea of which cabins would be available. We were stuck dragging our carry on bags around the ship all afternoon I went to the welcome aboard lecture and won a raffle of various gift shop items. After we went to anytime dining, Daphne found us and said she had a cabin available for us. I would have to fold my walker to bring it in at night. The steward had to separate the beds, but that didn't take long, We just collapsed for the night and unpacked. The next morning, we confused the staff of the breakfast, because our names were still attached to the other cabin. Our orders were delayed because they had to defrost the eggs (shouldn't that have been done before we got there, or were we the only passengers to order them?) Watched a bit of Miami based tv stations and realized that they had removed many channels, including ESPN and TCM. Went to TrivIa, which was now held at the atrium lounge, instead of the casino bar. Very few as on a stick given out this cruise. The best Trivia game was show tunes from Broadway and movies. Matthew is an excellent singer. The Cruise Director, Brittany, is on her first term as a CD, and she tries, but can be a little erratic. She chose me as the leader of the women's team in the gender showdown, but when we did the freeze frame competition, she asked every team member what they were doing in the freeze except me (hello, the captain?). Even the audience noticed. Finally, her assistant, working with the men's team, asked me, which gave one of the men a chance to change his pose/character, so they won. After the problem with our cabin, we were comped free meals and a bottle of wine, which we took advantage of on Wednesday night. We ordered the lobster, but it was broiled, not boiled, making it tough and hard to cut. I enjoyed the Motown and VIP shows, although we have seen them many times (mom was even chosen twice to participate in them). There were technical issues with the Motown show (first the taped music cut out and the performers tried to perform a cappella before leaving the stage. Later, one of the lead singers was given a dead hand mike, and instead of turning on her head Mike until the problem was fixed, she continued to sing). Finally, one of the performers had a problem with the zipper on the back of her costume. I participated in the Motown name that tune, and sang My Guy (Mary Wells), which I'd never sung before, although I love karaoke. It was fun. Slots were right and my favorites were in the smoking section. I'm not even sure they have a Non smoking area. We never saw a photographer in the MDR, just a table magician who never came near us. I ended up using my OBC for tips and a drink and in the casino. Disambiguation was smooth, no customs forms, and wheelchair assistance got us off the ship by 9:00 am.

Inspiration isn't inspiring

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by ccruisequeen

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior
We used to love this ship, but once we got on board, we found it had changed.

ccruisequeen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E E81
We needed a different cabin because of water damage and moldy smell in the corridor. We were moved to U96 a smaller cabin. There was no movement and it was peaceful.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins