CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Preziosa Review

Editor Rating

Long time Royal/Celebrity cruiser tries MSC for the first time.

Review for MSC Preziosa to the Baltic Sea
stuartgrn
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

To give this review a bit of background, my wife and I have cruise 18 times in the past 6 years all with either Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We decided to try broadening our cruising horizons and try some other lines. MSC prices were very reasonable and with the inclusion of a drinks package included at the time of booking we thought we would dive in to the world of MSC. Many people told us it would be a different experience too what we were used too... they were right.

I will break down the cruise into sections and give my own opinions. This does not make me right as others obviously have different experiences. Although we tried hard not too, we constantly compared MSC to the other ships we had been on so this may come across in the review. Here we go:

The Ship: The interior design of the ship is stunning. You really get the WOW factor almost everywhere you look. A lot of time and effort has obviously gone into how the ship looks and it really comes across in all the different venues. Each venue had it's own feel and ambiance which was fantastic. One aspect we didn't like is the inclusion of so many mirrors. There seemed to be a mirror on every wall - everywhere you looked you saw a reflection.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B1

This was possibly the worst thing about our entire cruise. I must warn you that if you are planning to stay in cabin 11266 in the aft section of the ship then avoid at all costs. I would personally keep away from this area of the ship as we talked to other passengers who had the same issues as us. The first issue is that when the engines are at high power there is massive vibrations through the whole cabin including the bed. It was like sleeping on an electric chair. This vibrating also rattled every joint in the ceiling causing the most oddest of rattles - my wife described it as trying to sleep next to a helicopter. After the first night we complained but there were no free cabins to be moved to. We were told the carpenters would visit but no one did so I decided to try to fix the problem myself. I ended up scrunching up cotton wall pads and wedging them into the gaps between the wall and ceiling. This worked well but we still had the engine sounds and vibrations. On top of this the balcony doors are only single glazed so the sound of the wake is constantly heard in the backgroud - very like being on a plane with the constant hum of the engines. I can honestly say this was the worst cabin we have ever been in.

5 Helpful Votes