MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

1st cruise with MSC

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by Polperro

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

I have cruised with numerous other cruise lines mainly NCL , RCI, P and O, Thomsons. I liked the look of the new ship and thought I would try MSC.

Here's my honest review

Check in no problems waited about half hour to get on ship.

First impressions really nice ship can tell it's new and immaculately clean.

We had a outside on deck 8, overall quite small with little draw space but manageable for a week. I had twin beds which are not a full sized single so not very comfortable especially in rocky water. Also really strange in a ship full of mirrors and I mean they are everywhere, no mirror over vanity unit, so awkward for a women to get ready or do your hair etc.

We had early dining, as flexible cancelled in waves on deck 5. Food was terrible, tasteless, presented terribly and staff mainly miserable. This is one of the main reasons why I probably wouldn't cruise with MSC again. Buffet okay but very repetitive and over noisy. Ate at Steakhouse which was excellent, Italian was terrible waiting staff horrible and food tiny portions and not worth the money.

Entertainment was okay but mainly geared towards the European guests. Went to both circ du soleil shows and preferred Sonar.

Odd things I found, no announcements we couldn't get I to Naples due to weather conditions, so captain sailed out of port no explanation. We had bad weather a few times no announcements on where entertainment moved to etc.

Staff in bars generally okay, but reception staff terrible had to ring on a few occasions and always unhelpful and gave incorrect information. Example one of three bags arrived at cabin on day of enbarcation rang reception 3 times told different times that deliveries ended and what I should do. On the 3rd occasion they checkpoint being held by security. In the end at 6.40 we went down and found both bags, one they had wrote the wrong number on it and the other one security wanted to check!!!! .

Holiday overall was a let down, ship feels very overcrowded at times and very little outside space. You can get out on deck 6 I think and then the next deck is deck 15.

Would I sail with MSC again probably not to many things that I personally thought spoilt the holiday for me.

Polperro's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside 8070

Okay, very narrow beds and no mirror at vanity unit.

Polperro