3. Serenade of the Seas
I like longer cruises, partly because embarkation and disembarkation are my least favorite aspects of cruising, but also because it offers more opportunity to meet other cruisers. I like transatlantic/transpacific cruises, because they minimize the jet lag inherent with airplane travel. I also like visiting different ports than I have seen before, as this cruise itinerary did. I prefer staying in a port more than one night, as this cruise did. I'd actually prefer to stay in each port two nights. In order to get a more complete feeling for each destination, it is good to be there in the evening, instead of sailing away. When I'm at sea for several days, its all about the ship experience, but when I'm in a port, its all about the local culture! Boarding the ship in Copenhagen, we left the hotel at 10:15 a.m. and were sitting by the pool drinking coffee at 10:50 a.m. I've never had such a smooth boarding experience. Our junior suite (1598) was spacious, and it was very nice to have a balcony even in the cool and rainy North Atlantic. Entertainment was not as spectacular as on previous RCI cruises. The food was not exceptional, but there were the usual wide choices and everything was really very good. As always, service was impeccable. The fitness area was kept too warm to facilitate a good workout, unless sweating without effort was the goal. We took two RCI shore excursions, and although they were on big busses, they were well planned, we could t hear the guide, and did not a feel like we were being herded like cattle.

Extraordinary itinerary

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by watchmywake

watchmywake’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

This cabin is at the end of the hall, almost at the back of the ship, so its a long walk from the elevator. Nice and spacious, with an extra large balcony that is partly obscured by the ship structure.....which also made it less windy.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans