3. Norwegian Getaway
I chose NCL because of my past experiences with them, itinerary and availability of studio staterooms. Before the cruise I read complaints about the embarkation process but for me the process went quickly and smoothly in Copenhagen. The disembarkation process was also quick and smooth and there was no delay in getting a taxi to go from the port to my hotel. My studio stateroom was the perfect size for the solo traveler. Plenty of closet space and storage for souvenirs. Bed was very comfortable but the biggest positive was how quiet the area was making for a good nights sleep. I had wonderful meals at O'sheens, LeBistro, Ocean Blue, Teppanyaki, Wasabi, Wine Lovers the Musical and Cirque Dreams. The food at the Garden Buffet was ok but usually bland and not very hot. Luke warm scrambled eggs are gross. For entertainment don't miss Burn The Floor, Cirque Dreams and Mersey Boys. Make your reservations prior to getting on the ship. Warnemunde is a quint seaside town so make your way down to the beach and enjoy the views. It's an easy walk from the ship. This is a good day to get a spa treatment on the ship because they offer discounts while in port. Tallinn,Estonia was a clean and beautiful area loaded with history. I went on the Medieval Experience tour and had a great time. Just be prepared to climb steep stairs. The lunch was good. St. Petersburg,Russia was amazing! Rasputin tour was very interesting but the lunch was just ok. This is another city with major history to soak in. So many different types of architecture to view. First evening I went to the ballet and saw Swan Lake and it was delightful. Made for a long day but it was worth it! Second day was the Imperial tour which again was great and lunch was much better then the first day. In the souvenir stores you can use dollars,euros and credit cards if you don't have rubles. Helsinki, Finland is a gorgeous port and you will enjoy how green it is and how fresh and clean the air is. Go to Porvoo and visit the chocolate shop. They have incredible chocolates! Stockholm,Sweden is a port that has caused some people to get upset. This is a small harbor and the Getaway is a huge ship. If we would have ported in Stockholm we would have had only 4 hours to explore because of the restrictions put on huge ships by the government. So instead our Captain made the wise choice and we ported in Nyshaman and took a bus to Stockholm. No big deal because it was just a 50 minute ride and you got to see more of the country. My only complaint in Stockholm was that I didn't like the guide. She couldn't answer any question making her go off the script. Plus we were to have time to shop and eat lunch at our expense but were never given enough time. How do i eat, shop and use the bathroom in 20 minutes? The best part in Stockholm was the Skyview ride at the globe. The Getaway is a huge ship with thousands of passengers on board. Be prepared. Make reservations ahead of time for the shows and restaurants you want. Show up early to shows that don't accept reservations to get a good seat. Keep the ship map that they give you at embarkation to help you around the ship. Plus you will find helpful signs and touch screens to figure out where you need to go. If you plan ahead and do your research you won't have any problems and you will have a wonderful vacation. Big thank you to NCL, the Le Bistro staff and my room attendant for making my birthday special.

50th Birthday Cruise

Proopkitty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11523
My studio stateroom was the perfect size for the solo traveler. Plenty of closet space and storage for souvenirs. Bed was very comfortable but the biggest positive was how quiet the area was making for a good nights sleep. Plus the lounge area with the morning pastries and coffee and evening drinks and cookies were great.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins