3. Silver Muse
1-Time of year 2-Ports of call 3-wanted to experience the new ship 4-The crew is exceptional. They are the best. It is like coming home to old friends. 5-All inclusive fare is very comfortable. I do not mind paying for excursions. 6-After a while these ports began to look the same. That is not your fault. I was sorry that there were no sea days to relax in between all the walking tours. The reservation system was a disaster. It prevented us from socializing with new friends. This has been one of our greatest pleasures as we have travelled with Silverseas since 1995. The same menu for 22 days is terrible. It is boring! Same menu in each restaurant. One evening (don't remember which restaurant) there was no salad on the menu. I asked if we could have a small salad. They said sure but it would take 45 minutes because it had to come from a different restaurant. I strongly object to a pay for restaurant. To have some special wines and exclusive menu for a few is unacceptable. You general wine selections more than adequate. It is very good. I understand the need for reservations on the upper deck (hot rocks) because of limited seating. You have to open up Atlantide and others for open seating. We could not hear any of the announcement by the Captain or the tour director in our cabin. Your communication system is lousy! We only hear in our cabins if there is a call to go to your muster station. There were no port lectures or enrichment activities or lectures. Had one bad tour experience where the guide spoke poor English and had little knowledge to answer our questions. Breakfast in our room was on time. Food does not come hot. Room service was fine. Butler was efficient and could not do enough for us. Getting on and off the ship is very easy and orderly. Lots of help getting on and off the tenders. If there is not more flexibility in dining by February 2018 (my next booking) I will cancel my reservations.

Why I travel on Silversea

Silver Muse Cruise Review by mark weisburger

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Verandah Suite
1-Time of year

2-Ports of call

3-wanted to experience the new ship

5-All inclusive fare is very comfortable. I do not mind paying for excursions.

6-After a while these ports began to look the same. That is not your fault.

There were no port lectures or enrichment activities or lectures.

mark weisburger’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin DV 737
.Very comfortable. Needs a draw under the desk. Better magnifying mirror.
Deck 8 Suite Cabins