3. Oasis of the Seas
We originally booked this cruise because of RCCL's "Suite Sale". We had no idea that Hurricane Irma was going to give us an "extended vacation". Staff & crew were excellent & the captain made sure we had updates on our itinerary & the storm as he received them. The only problem that we had was from the Excursions Manager. I am a Type 1 Diabetic & have been on multiple cruises in which we booked various excursions. Never have I had a shore excursion cancelled by an excursion guide or an excursion manager because I am a Type 1 diabetic. I was not asked if I am under a doctors care or if I had a medical consult about this activity. My doctor is well aware of my life style & activities and says that the more active a diabetic is the better their health. I also wear a Dexcom Continuous Monitor and a VGO to dispense my insulin. As usual, dining, entertainment, & services were excellent. I'm hoping that this is an isolated case of an Excursion Manager's lack of knowledge & understanding of this disease and not a case of Royal Caribbean discriminating due to health conditions beyond one's control.

Hurricane Irma cruise

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzeroFan

CruzeroFan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Cabin was very comfortable. Love the walk in closet & roomy bathroom & shower.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Snorkeling
    booked tour online. website said if you have any medical issues such as high blood pressure, diabetes, etc check with your doctor prior to booking. I was told when we showed up for tour that I would not be allowed to go into water due to diabestes (type !). no questions regarding my health, doctors consent, my fitness, just flat NO. RCCL Excursion Manager whom I never saw, only spoke to for a brief 2 minutes said these activities (snorkeling) was too strenuous for me due to diabetes. Again no questions - just flat out discrimination because of a disease. we did get a refund for the tour but then we weren't able to snorkel the entire vacation because she would not "allow" be to participate in any strenuous activity. She suggested to book a "beach break". We live in Florida & are constantly on beach breaks. wanted to enjoy the beautiful blue Caribbean waters but was unable to due to excursion manager's misconception/lack of knowledge & understanding of diabetics.
    View All 438 Snorkeling Reviews