3. Avalon Passion
First, we are delighted we visited Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Romania! Each country had such a rich, interesting,and often troubling history. I appreciate the opportunity to learn and see a part of the world I haven't gotten to experience before.Budapest is a must see and a delight! It's a very approachable city, with so much to see and do. The public transportation system is easy to use and the people are friendly and helpful. English is spoken by virtually everyone. Bucharest is also a wonderful city that I am so happy to have experienced. The Food Tour offered as an optional excursion in Bucharest was FUN and delightful. Second, overall the excursions were good but several things happened that did not delight us. On the included city tour in Budapest, there was no water on the bus and it was a very hot day. On the tour to Transylvania they had water on the bus BUT IT WAS FOR SALE! Further, there was a "Refreshment Stop" scheduled along the way, but it was just a pit stop to go to the restroom, there were no refreshments offered. In Brasov, during the city tour there was only a paid toilet available but no one had the necessary coins. If this were an AMA or Tauck trip they would never have allowed these things to happen. And, up until now, I didn't think Avalon would either. Third, about the ship. The Passion itself was good. It's a new ship but it wasn't as spotless as other ships on my two other Avalon river Cruises. The windows weren't clean, there were cobwebs, debris under the bed and couch, and dead bugs all along the sliding door. It also seemed like the crew was shorthanded, especially during breakfast. I believe they cut some corners and it showed. The food was delicious as always and our server at dinner was a delight. We are really glad we took the cruise but it would take a lot for us to be enticed to travel with Avalon again.

Avalon Not As Delightful

Avalon Passion Cruise Review by TravelDelight

TravelDelight’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Passion price drops

• Bucharest
    Outstanding Highlight of Our Bucharest Adventure!!!”Laura gave us a wonderful evening to remember in Bucharest! Our adventure began with an amazing tour inside the The Romanian Athenaeum (Romanian: Ateneul Român). So gorgeous! Then the gastronomic delights began: We started with a delicious sit down at La Copac where we tried Bulz (polenta with melted cheese), grilled vegetables, zacusca, eggplant (salata de vinete), savory cheese and meat, and more - all yummy. Then we moved on to try delicious Mangalitza pig 'mici' at La Pravalescu. Then a wonderful assortment of sweet treats at Patiseria Comteia and capped it all off with outstanding eclairs from French Revolution - WOW! Not only did we get to try all these amazing taste treats of Bucharest; we experienced a wonderful walking tour of the city! We needed some walking with all the delectable food. Laura is a delight - so generous with information and food! We were all so pleased to get a chance to discover the sights and savories of Bucharest with Laura!!! Highly recommended!!!
    View All 12,787 Bucharest Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bucharest Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Great tour but they should have offered water.
    View All 301 City Tour Reviews