3. MSC Divina
This was my fourth cruise on MSC Divina. It has become a home away from home. I absolutely love its elegant contemporary italian design, with every area meticulously decorated with high-end finishes and art. I find the food to be delicious with many vegetarian and healthy options. The staff and crew especially the maids, pool attendants, waiters and bartenders are upbeat, warm and friendly which makes cruising all the more enjoyable. Andre the cruise director is warm, engaging, and awkwardly funny. On this particular cruise I saw the captain Massa and hotel director Ziggy on many occasions greeting the guests, chatting in depth, even solving problems for them on the spot. They were asking many questions of the guests- wanted to make sure they were happy. Extraordinary! I did hear some guests complaining and unhappy. Often people expect everything to be perfect or according to their unrealistic expectations. One thing is not perfect and suddenly they focus on this. Some people don't know how to relax and enjoy. I must admit though- MSC can do a better job of setting expectations correctly through better communication and specific information. Americans relax through information. MSC is quite vague at times. For example, they need better diagrams and details of the rooms. I got lucky because a previous guest had posted a video of the stateroom on youtube- otherwise I had no way of knowing if it would truly fit my needs. In all likelihood, we would not have booked this cruise otherwise. This cruise I brought a friend who has never been on a cruise. She is well-traveled for business but doesn't vacation much, and I wanted to make sure we both would be comfortable and happy. We both agreed that yacht club was absolutely worth the money. Butler escort from curb & port to avoid lines, Le Muse dining & all drinks, steam & sauna access, private area to avoid crowds all included. We paid $4600, or $328 each per day. She loved the shows, photo & video service, Eataly, & Le Muse, plus made some great new friends from around the world. I learned some salsa moves, got a great tan, and enjoyed myself immensely.

Excellent value for elegant cruising

MSC Divina Cruise Review by ginaserene1

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Yacht Club Executive & Family Suite

ginaserene1’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Yacht Club Executive & Family Suite
Cabin YC2 12004
We booked room 12004 which is a large 2 room suite with Yacht Club privileges. The suite has a full living room with a separate bedroom. Both have a floor-to-ceiling curved wall of glass but no balcony. This room faces the front of the ship. Someone posted a video of this room on youtube, which helped me decide. 2 TV's, walk-in closet, vanity, another closet, 2 safes. The bathroom has a separate tub and shower. I must say, the room was perfect for our needs! Often she wanted to nap before dinner, while I like to unwind, watch a movie and have a glass of wine at that time- we had plenty of room to do both. We each had our own safe and our own closet- peaceful times for two traveling ladies! She used the vanity, I used the bathroom to get ready. We requested the king bed be split into two twin beds, which reminded me of my college dorm room! Except for the mauve suede walls, flat screen TV and wall-to-wall ocean view!
Aurora Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    $16 cab ride, $12 for wristband to use a lounge chair plus 1 free drink. Very pretty, relaxing but a bit too commercial for my taste. Port shops were crazy expensive for the quality you receive, so I bought nothing
  • Scuba - Beginner
    My friend is a certified scuba diver but I just wanted to snorkel, and the ship did not provide this type of tour. We walked from port to Diver Down, took us on a semi-private 2-tank dive off of seven mile beach over a ship wreck and a couple of reefs. JC the captain was knowledgeable, fun and helpful. We saw lobster, stingray, lots of fish. Very reasonable $110 for 2 tank dive, $40 for snorkeling 2 hours, 2 locations. Afterwards, ate next door at Rackam's which offers 10% off to Divers Down clients. Has a large oceanside dining terrace. Food and drinks were very good but pricey. Lots of iguanas come begging for food (they are vegetarian, don't bite) and huge tarpon fish swimming nearby waiting for their dinner at 7:30pm feeding.
    View All 15 Scuba - Beginner Reviews
  • Miami
    OMG Miami is so awesome. Stay at the ME for a chill upbeat boutique vibe. Poolside yoga Saturday morning, DJ in the afternoon. The pool cabana hotel suites are amazing!!!

My other favorite boutique hotel is the Sense in SOFI (South Beach south of Fifth) It's across the street from the beach (they will loans you beach equipment), has a 24 roof-top pool, 1 block away from the South Beach restaurants so it's quiet at night. Excellent restaurant in the lobby.
    View All 2,450 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Great food, great chill vibe
    View All 13,750 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    Brings out the kid in me! Rides range from heart-stopping to calm and relaxing. Big beautiful well maintained, well staffed. Food is good, no problem getting lockers but they charge $20. Only issue is the time is short, so plan your day very well to get on all of the rides.
    View All 686 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Overall, Nassau is the port I enjoy the most, although the time in port is one of the shortest. If you are active, Atlantis aquapark is awesome! Plan your time well to get on all of the attractions within the short time. The Atoll snorkeling trip is the best snorkeling in Caribbean, although it can get crowded. The water is only approx 14 feet deep, so you can see a lot even if you only float on surface. Purple, orange, yellow, and green sponges and coral as well as lots of fish because they feed them to come near. Or, walk/ride over to the beach and enjoy some fish fry. I must say, I spend the most money shopping in Nassau they have the best deal on perfume, skin care, designer sunglasses.
    View All 218 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    disaster excursion.
    Much better to just take a taxi there for $10, pay the entry fee $12 I think and enjoy the natural beauty of the falls which is awesome. You need water shoes to effectively climb through the falls, and it's for athletic people only. Less athletic people can wade in the calmer sections, take pictures which is still very scenic. Food vendors offer tasty local food. I has a delicious fresh fruit smoothie. My friend had some kind of goat stew she said was really good but I'm a vegetarian...
    View All 260 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
  • Walking Tour of Old San Juan
    The old fort is cool. If this is your first time, it;s good to see this landmark and also walk around old town San Juan. Otherwise, it's kind of boring and can get quite hot. The ATV tour is probably the most fun. Some of them are right next to the zip line so you can add it on. The rainforest tour is a bus tour mostly to see a big waterfall. Pretty but also boring
    View All 158 Walking Tour of Old San Juan Reviews
  • Butterfly Farm
    What can I say? I love nature, so I loved this excursion. Great way to see the whole island. I bought the most incredible watercolor over in the village on the french side. Bus driver took us to airport beach and we were lucky to be there right when the huge KLM 747 was landing. YOWSA! I got some great pictures. WARNING: a lady died 3 weeks ago, blown away from the jet wash, she hit her head on the big rocks by the beach and died. You might want to stay in the bus, or prop up against the bus and keep you glasses on- lots of flying debris
    View All 23 Butterfly Farm Reviews