3. Columbus
I chose this cruise because I'd wanted to see Shetland for ages. Embarkation was extremely smooth and fuss free, as was disembarkation a week later. I thought Columbus was really beautiful. My cabin (single, inner) was very nice indeed; clean, comfy and very roomy, there were twin beds and plenty of room for two. I usually ate in the buffet because I prefer not to take too long over meals, especially being solo. I thoroughly enjoyed the talks from the antiques experts. I hadn't expected to like the evening entertainments because it's not usually my thing, but the ones I went to were excellent, especially the last night's version of Queen music. Cabin service was very good indeed, my cabin was always in tip top condition. I enjoyed all four shore excursions, although I think they are a bit pricey. Some people do their own thing but it's harder on your own. I really only have three very small caveats. One is the price of the photos you get taken the whole time. I know there's no obligation to buy them, but what a waste! Another is the almost over-attentiveness of the waiting staff; If I wanted a drink I'd ask! Lastly I wish there had been more than one complimentary tea and coffee station. I only drink tea, and it was four decks and the length of the ship away! Surely there would be room for two or three?

Loved every minute

Columbus Cruise Review by scenery lover

I chose this cruise because I'd wanted to see Shetland for ages.

Cabin service was very good indeed, my cabin was always in tip top condition.

scenery lover’s Full Rating Summary