Crown Princess Cruise Review

Inconsistent services

Crown Princess Cruise Review by tadajuta

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

because of the itinerary.We chose this particular itinery because it was going through all the Fjords and also stopping in the Lofoten Islands the home of my Grandparents. My family of 11 ( 3 daughters, 3 Granddaughters, 1 Grandson and his soon to be wife, 1 Great granddaughter and my son in law. We cruise as a family often and have had as many as 16 on a trip. Early in the planning I called Princess to ensure we had a table for 11 in the dinning room arranged. They confirmed that for me but upon arriving we were devided amongst 4 tables. I spoke to the Maitre'D who said is was not possible to have such a large table. He could accommodate 8 only. After 4 or 5 days on the cruise, we walked into the dinning room and found a table set up for a party of 12. The head waiter said he could do it for us now but we would not keep our waiter. Welcome to Princess. Each family cruise we ensure our boarding family picture is unique. This time we were all in possession of Viking helmets for photo. we arrived at the photo position and were informed they could only take a picture of 5 at a time. Welcome to Princess. to ensure all the family was on the tender together for visit to Lofoten, I asked a ship's officer how to arrange that. He said just get all the family to the tender, show them your suite card and they will let you all go. Only the 3 of us in the suite were given priority the rest had to wait. Got the wrong answer I guess. Welcome to princess. Tried a number of times to get into see a show but even when we arrived 35-40 minutes early the theatre was full. on other cruise lines there is a section set aside for suites so you don't have to wait and seats are available. Not on Princess. My departure flight home was early so Princess said their shuttle would not get me to the airport on time. I pre hired a taxi for appeox $350.00. when I arrived at the airport my Grandson was already there, he had caught the first shuttle. On disembarking we had to carry our own luggage off because of the time to meet our cab. We arrived at the gangway and asked a ship's officer there if we could get some help with our bags. She pointed to men in yellow vests and said they will help you. My daughter went and asked them for help and they said we don't do that we just push wheelchairs. Welcome to Princess. Our experience in "Horizon and Caribe" were nothing short of awful. It was a constant battle to find a place to sit. The constant selling no matter where you were was annoying. They always wanted your card for something yet again. The qaulity of entertainment was poor and often consisted of lounge music and the constant attempt to sell you a drink. The coffee served was just awful. You could buy a good cup but nothing in Horizon,Caribe or the dinning room was recognizable. We are now trying to print the official photos purchsed for our scrap books. We must have a release signed but that is not what we were told when we purchesed the package and the $30.00 flash drives. We have only what they printed and nothing more. Welcome to princess. The number of times I needed to go to the Customer service desk, I was treated well but often the answers given were wrong. The shore exscursions were very expensive and could be bought at about 80% less ashore. The itinery was outstanding and just what we wanted. Excellent. I had my 4 year old Great granddaughter with us and the "Kids club" was outstanding. She had a blast. You ask if I would make this trip again, probably not as I've seen it now but I will NEVER sail on Princess again.

tadajuta's Full Rating Summary

Cabin suite R408

The cabin attendand did a very good job.

Flam Railway

very expensive compared to the price ashore.

View All 212 Flam Railway Reviews