National Geographic Explorer Cruise Review

An Introduction

National Geographic Explorer Cruise Review by Nebi

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the Arctic

This was my second cruise with Lindblad. The first was to the Galapagos. We chose this trip because we thought it would give us an overall view of both Iceland and Greenland. It did just that. The Iceland portion was disappointing as we spent way more time in a bus than we cared to and everything felt rushed. This is a new trip for Lindblad and they need to iron out the wrinkles. The hotels were less than I expect from Lindblad. The Radisson was under construction and not a good choice. The Greenland portion on the ship was great, though the weather could have been more cooperative. Being among the icebergs is an experience that will stay with me forever and Eternity Fjord was magnificent! The food was excellent everywhere. The cabin was very comfortable. If you are on a budget, I would recommend spending the extra to get a full window as opposed to a porthole. The views are worth it. The crew was very friendly and helpful. The hiking on this trip is rather vigorous and not for those disabled in any way by physical issues. Not the trip of a lifetime. If you have only one trip in your future, this is not the one to choose. I would not go on this trip again, but would choose the Svalblad trip which many of our fellow passengers recommended.

Nebi's Full Rating Summary