Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by RMgirl
- Sail Date: August 2017
- Destination: Alaska
- Cabin Type: Balcony
1. Ship layout was confusing. No continuous paths from front to rear on the interior of the ship.
2. Bathroom in veranda room was very tiny...almost like in a camper or RV. Shower was small and the water temperature fluctuated wildly from scalding to cold to scalding. Very dangerous for small children.
3. Smoking and e-cig use was limited to outside areas with very little protection from the elements. It was also prohibited on the balcony of veranda room balconies. It is understandable why cigarette and cigar use is considered a fire hazard on balconies, but e-cigs? They expel only water vapor. Smoking is permitted in the casino.
4. In order to get to the buffet, one must walk across the outside pool area. It rained for most of my cruise, so that meant braving the cold, wind, and rain, across a slippery deck, to eat or get a cup of coffee.
5. The layout of the buffet was terrible and made no sense. It was usually very crowded and there were long lines, and not enough seating.
6. The food was okay, but barely.
7. Internet service was very expensive and spotty.
1. Cabin was kept clean
2. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
3. Food at specialty restaurants was good.