3. Celebrity Summit
We choose this cruise because we have never been to Bermuda and others have raved about it. We are also Elite plus on Celebrity. We have been on the Summit before several years ago out of San Juan and Had a wonderful time, stayed in a PH suite back then. Room 7138 Celebrity Suite - Room is OLD and out dated! They never touched the CS nor the SS during the last dry dock and it shows, they only redid the PH suites and the RS (very Sad)! Furniture is old and worn out. Sofa was so low to the ground it was like they took the legs off of the sofa. Curtains outdated, old, and ugly, with a pull chain to open and close. Bathroom was poorly designed. Toilet bunting up to the Tub/shower. Tub so high with no grab rails to get in or out of was a safety issue, especially if you happen to be elderly. (This room should have a warning for the elderly). My husband has knee issues and he had a very hard time with the tub. Also you couldn't use the tub/Jacuzzi even if you wanted to because there was no drain stopper. Double sinks, but the room is so small it did not need double sinks, my husbands knees were touching the sink cabinets, it is so tight. Odd placement of the vanity in the middle of the closet, weird and dark, but not sure how they could fix that. Bed was way to hard for me, it hurt my hips and my shoulders, but okay for my husband. We have a Sleep Number bed at home, so it was hard to adjust to. The safe is in the dinning area, which was low and a strange place to put it, next to the mini fridge that didn't cool at all. Room Steward - Ossie, not on his A game. He mainly had balcony rooms and two suites. the first two days didn't go well at all. He would clean out room very late in the AM more like lunch time, and in the evening he was still in the room until after 9:30. that got better when my husband would call him every time we went to breakfast and dinner to let him know the room was free to be cleaned. We were one of the last on the floor to get our luggage and we checked in at 11:00 AM and was on the ship by 11:30, but didn't get our luggage until around sail away. Butler - Not sure why they even have butlers any more because other than bringing you your room service they no longer have tea service in the afternoon unless you want to go down to Michael's Club for it. Not a fan of Michael's Club at all. We only went in a couple of times and not for drinks or food. Luminae - Was wonderful all except for Breakfast and one nights dinner. Breakfast it is like the chef doesn't know how to cook hash browns or an omelet. The hash browns always came out so hard and crunchy that it looked like they dropped the shredded potatoes in a fryer, no potato left in it (it was like a dried out birds nest). Omelet was under cooked in the middle and gooey, I heard others asking for the omelet to be cooked WELL. One night at the last dinner the NY strip was tasteless and chewy, Flat breads are not like a thin pizza crust, they are more like pita bread not baked at all. Table in the restaurant are very close together, more like a cafe than a luxury suite dinning room, not a fan of that due to my husband wears hearing aids and they magnify everything around him, so we had to ask for a take away from others to we could carry on a conversation. Entertainment - was just okay, nothing to rave about. The musicians throughout the ship were really good. Bars - Nothing special that wowed us. Martini bar ran out of my husbands CC, and we had to go else where to get a CC and 7. The bartenders didn't seem to attentive to those of us that had drink packages, but they came around more often when you give them extra $$, SAD! The other bars were just so so. Bermuda was wonderful, clean, friendly people, that don't try to beg or sell you anything. had a wonderful time, and it is a very beautiful island. Passengers - Mainly from the North, no surprise, but they seemed more pushy and rude than the cruises out of FL. Just an observation, not trying to start anything. Over all not our best cruise by far, but not our worst cruise either!

Somewhat of a disappointment!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by DiamondSuiteCruiser

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Celebrity Suite

Over all not our best cruise by far, but not our worst cruise either!
DiamondSuiteCruiser’s Full Rating Summary

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS 7138
Room 7138 Celebrity Suite - This room is OLD and very out dated! They never touched the CS nor the SS during the last dry dock and it shows, they only remodeled the PH suites and the RS (very Sad)! Furniture is old and worn out. Sofa was so low to the ground it was like they took the legs off of the sofa. Curtains outdated, old, and ugly, with a pull chain to open and close. Bathroom was poorly designed. Toilet bunting up to the Tub/shower. Tub so high with no grab rails to get in or out of was a safety issue, especially if you happen to be elderly. (This room should have a warning for the elderly). My husband has knee issues and he had a very hard time with the tub. Also you couldn't use the tub/Jacuzzi even if you wanted to because there was no drain stopper. Double sinks, but the room is so small it did not need double sinks, my husbands knees were touching the sink cabinets, it is so tight. Odd placement of the vanity in the middle of the closet, weird and dark, but not sure how they could fix that. Bed was way to hard for me, it hurt my hips and my shoulders, but okay for my husband. We have a Sleep Number bed at home, so it was hard to adjust to. The safe is in the dinning area, which was low and a strange place to put it, next to the mini fridge that didn't cool at all.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins