Britannia Cruise Review

A Floating Premier Inn

Britannia Cruise Review by woodypecker

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Europe

Having cruised with P&O every year since 2000 we have experienced a steady decline in food,service and overall quality in this time.Especially I would say accelerated in the last 5 years.

This year we have cruised twice on Britannia and each time we (our Family ) take 5/6 cabins ,this time we had 2 suites and 4 balcony cabins,needless to say, its not a cheap holiday.

Suite Value,Terrible,£3000 each for a 2 year old and a 4 year old joining their parents in a suite !

Butler,don't be fooled he isn't "your "butler he has another 12 or more suites to look after so isn't what you are being sold ,he is a glorified second cabin steward and other than bring canapes at 5-30,along with tomorrows menu's ice and lemon thats about all you get .

Benefits,Breakfast in the epicurean (suite passengers only ) which is a select dining outlet for Dinner,but no other priority for Dinner in any restaurant,no reserved deck space,or pool as you get with other cruise lines for suite passengers,so very poor value for money,sorry forgot to mention priority embarkation/ disembarkation . But thats It !

Freedom dining ! a Joke ! try getting a table of any size without a wait of 40 minutes and sent off with your pager.

Having paid 14k for a family of 4 in suite, 2 adults and 2 babies you order room service and have to pay a supplement of app £1.50 obviously it's not the money, its the principle ,who thinks these things up ? You try to book a select dining menu to be told sorry fully booked, it was booked up 3 months ago on line !! and because the food is so poor in the restaurants passengers are forced to try these cover charge venues ! very clever move !

I could go on and on,its a modern ship,a large ship pile them high but don't sell them cheap unless you go last minute,inside cabin you can go for next to nothing and get the same level of poor food , quality as someone who has spent a small fortune, but your not too bothered as it didn't cost you very much ! but if you want a bit of quality or luxury on your holiday,forget it.

No silver service all food plated which seems to be a theme these days across cruise lines however for those who cruise regularly ,would you have ever thought you would be offered pasty and chips with a pot of beans in the main restaurant on a P&O ship ? or how about cold roast beef dinner ( beef,potato's and veg all cold ) along with another dish of raw Chicken !! the waiter came over at the end of the meal and was shocked when he could see most of the food un eaten then asked if all was ok ,I commented that It wasn't and if he had carried out his table check back we would have told him,he didn't ,so we didn't have the opportunity !Sorry sir was the reply !

Get as many passengers onboard as we can,economies of scale ,i.e. less staff to passenger ratio, cut back in as many areas as possible and you have a winning combination seems to be the moto.

If you complain they smile and send an email to head office to hear nothing further.

Thats me done with P&O ,I have been a very loyal regular customer ,I don't want to spend my family holiday in a premier Inn and thats all theses ships are these days.

So many people I speak to who previously sailed with P&O smilel and say that is why we no longer sail with them we now sail with ..... It has just taken me a little longer to find out for myself or maybe I was hoping for Improvement and giving the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry,you have lost my business P&O.

woodypecker's Full Rating Summary