3. Columbus
I was invited by friends to join them on this cruise, and I was interested to visit the Scottish islands. Embarkation was comfortable, straightforward, and well organised. I had a nice twin cabin on the 9th deck with a great view from the picture window, it was a nice quiet room with ensuite facilities and plenty of hanging/storage space. I was glad I packed a 4-way extension lead as there is only one power outlet, for charging phone, camera, and tablet. There was plenty of information available about each days activities from a news letter left in the room each day. All the schedules were kept and there was plenty to do, with guest speakers, quizzes, and fitness classes during the days at sea. The evening entertainment was first class with some very talented singers, and dance routines, plus there was a piano/violin duet in the late evening following the show. Food in the restaurant was very good with plenty of choice, the breakfast buffet would benefit from better quality sausages, and the porridge was runny but all in all it was great. I opted for the drinks package for convenience and value, although the unit prices are not excessive it is easier in a group to order drinks this way. Another way to save money is to buy large bottles of water on the first excursion to keep in the room, rather than buy the more expensive bottles available in room. The islands were very interesting and picturesque, and I would thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone.

First time cruise - Fantastic

Columbus Cruise Review by Glenno

Glenno’s Full Rating Summary

Very comfortable cabin with plenty of room, and very quiet