3. Crown Princess
CROWN PRINCESS 26TH SEPTEMBER TO 2ND OCTOBER 2017 OBSERVATIONS State Room There were no instructions as to what channels were on the TV. Eventually after asking a crew member I was told channel 22 would give you the menu. It would have been helpful if this had been on a card by the TV with a list of regular channel numbers. When announcements are made the sound is muted on the TV but to hear it you have to open the cabin door. Eventually on the last day I found that if you had the Bridge Web Cam on, the announcement could be heard from the TV. A simple guide to the TV would be helpful. Da Vinci Dining Room The service, staff and cuisine were excellent and as good and even better as anywhere I have dined. Botticelli Dining Room The service at breakfast was disappointing; there was no milk or butter on the tables. This is understandable as it needs to be as fresh as possible. However on being seated it should be put on the table strait away. On ordering breakfast grills some items requested were not on the plate. There seems to be a problem on plates coming from the kitchen eight at a time. The waiters have to look at each individual plate and check with the order to see which one to take to the table. Why are the plate covers not marked with a small sticker to assist them? The waiters are doing a good job and are very polite and apologetic but there seems to be a lack of a laid down procedure in delivering the food. The most annoying problem that seems to happen in dining rooms everywhere is clearing away dirty plates once you have finished your breakfast grill. Try eating your toast from the small plate with the bigger plate in the way. Is it not possible to have a person just allocated to going round removing these plates? This is common practice in the Horizon Court self service. Having breakfast here is not relaxing. Horizon Court There does not seem to be enough tables for two persons, you get two people on a four table and they spread out, you even get one selfish person taking up a larger table. What I found was that we find a table and sit down, then my wife goes and gets what she wants and I go when she sits down. This results in us not eating the same course together. Is there no way to mark the table once you have found one with a reserved numbered notice, then you can chose your meal and eat it together. The staff are excellent and get you drinks and clear the tables quickly. The food is not laid out logically and you have to look around for it. One example was the Mexican Night where it was spread out in different areas. Another is the vegetables do not follow the roasts and you have to back track against the flow of other diners. I understand why you use plastic plates for safety reasons because food is taken to the pool area but hot food goes cold on cold plates. Has no one invented a plastic plate the keeps food warm? Disembarkation Times On receiving the form we decided on our time to depart based on the time to vacate the room and assumptions on breakfast opening time and a possible wait for a table. It was not until we received our confirmation of time that we saw that breakfast was available earlier and that Club Class passengers were using another restaurant. This resulted in us taking breakfast early and having a two hour wait to get off the ship. If this information was available when we had to make the choice we would have left earlier. Being told we would be docking at a different Dock was not a problem. What was the problem was my car was with a parking agency and there was no mention that car parking people would be informed. I asked at customer services to be told all would be ok. I suggested that this should be included on the sheet in future especially for first time cruisers. The lady said she would pass it on to her supervisor, I bet it was not, is there any way you can confirm it was please? Summary As this was my first time on a cruise, I did not find it stress free at certain times. My wife has been before but said it did not seem as good this time.

First Timer expected better

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Freelander12

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony
CROWN PRINCESS 26TH SEPTEMBER TO 2ND OCTOBER 2017

OBSERVATIONS

State Room

A simple guide to the TV would be helpful.

Da Vinci Dining Room

Botticelli Dining Room

Having breakfast here is not relaxing.

Horizon Court

Disembarkation Times

Summary

Freelander12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B1 B339
No problems looked after well
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins