Ports a Plenty: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Bogie0123

Ports a Plenty

Sail Date: August 2017
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan
We chose this cruise because the itinerary had stops in several islands that we had not visited before. The cruise stops at 5 different islands in 7 days! We especially loved Antigua and Barbados, but enjoyed the stops at St. Lucia, St. Kitts, & St. Marten. We also took a day trip to Nevis on the St. Kitts stop. We also liked the ship, Adventure of the Seas, and felt the crew did an exceptional job! Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Our Crown and Anchor Platinum status allowed us to bypass the lines getting on the ship! When disembarking and you find your bags at the port terminal in San Juan, use a baggage handler to move ahead in a separate line and bypass the crowds. We used the RCCL prearranged transfer in San Juan to the airport which was definitely the way to go.

I purchased a BOGO for specialty dining so we ate at Chops the first night and Giovanni's the second. We liked Chops enough to go back a second time. Giovanni's was not as good. Best More was the Chef's Table which we purchased on board the first day. The 10 person table enjoyed a 5 course meal with wine pairings. We loved it all!

Shore excursions were booked through RCCL- all were good to great. My least favorite was the Day Trip to Nevis only because I was disappointed with water quality at the beach. It was not nearly as clear or pretty as all the beaches we visited. My favorite excursion was in Barbados - called the Best of Barbados. It gave us a great tour of the island! Less

Published 09/13/17

Cabin review: JS1346 Junior Suite

I was pleased with this cabin as it satisfied almost all of my criteria. First off, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Next, the space was amazing - a walk-in closet and lots of built in storage. It had two desks along the opposite side from the bed. One of the desks is a make-up vanity and provided a great place for me to get ready. The balcony was roomy and sides wrapped between the next cabin so that you have additional privacy. The bathroom does have combined tub/shower, but it is still small. The sitting area has a foldout sofa and two comfy chairs and a small coffee table. I would prefer to change out a chair and sub a larger table to accommodate room service dishes. Overall, it was great!

Read All Junior Suite (JS) Reviews >>