3. Celebrity Summit
I've sailed Carnival and Norwegian before but this was my first cruise with Celebrity. Definitely a calmer and more sophisticated atmosphere, but I think that's a good thing. My wife calls it "sleepier", but I call it "classier". For example, the cruise director doesn't yell over the PA system every 30 minutes with bad jokes and announcements, there is no "hairy chest" contest, and the waiters don't dance around the restaurant in a conga line. My kids are now teens so they didn't miss the kiddie pool and water slides of Carnival and Norwegian. The level of service and professionalism from the waiters and the room stewards was higher. The quality of the food in the main restaurant and the buffet was better. The musical entertainment in the bars and lounges were better. The décor was more tasteful (no gold plated and neon colored decorations). I also thought the dancers/singers in the shows were more talented. Whereas Carnival and Norwegian generally had 2 singers (a male and a female) and a cast of a few dancers, Celebrity had 6 singers who could also dance and act, plus 7 dedicated dancers. The ship is getting old, but it was clean and well maintained. Since it's a smaller ship by today's mega-ship standards, it didn't feel crowded although the it was a full sailing. I had no problem finding available lounge chairs by the pool, or finding seats in the theater. Our waiter in the Cosmopolitan was Jerry and was great. Our room steward was Fidelis and he was also very friendly and helpful. Embarkation at the Cape Liberty cruise terminal in NJ was much more efficient and stress-free than cruising out of the Manhattan cruise terminal in NY. I parked the car in the garage next to the cruise terminal at around 10am and I was on board a little after 11am. The $20 per day for parking was less than the cost of a round trip cab ride with tip.

1st Time on Celebrity and I Liked It

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by wtang

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 11

wtang’s Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom 11
Cabin 11 2096
The cabin was an interior cabin and about the same size as on other ships. It was very clean and well maintained. The was a flat screen TV and plenty of storage. Besides the closet, there were many other cabinets, drawers, and cubbies to stash your stuff. There were 2 standard US electrical outlets (110v) and 2 European outlets (240v) next to the desk/mirror. I brought cheap $3 converters from Amazon to be able to use the 2 European outlets with my electronics, so I had all 4 outlets available for use. Just make sure your electronic device can handle the 240v power (check the label).
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins