3. Celebrity Solstice
The cruise experience on the Celebrity Solstice was great overall! Cabin - see details below. Dining - dining was good. The food grade would be about a B in my opinion. They had lots of options, and different things every night. Good appetizer, main course, and dessert choices daily. The service was excellent, and the dining room is beautiful. We had lunch and breakfast in the main dining room as well, which is highly recommended - it helps beat the crowds at the Oceanview Cafe. I stayed away from Oceanview as much as possible because of the crowds. The food up there was good when I did eat there. Entertainment - we went to the main show every night, and they were all good. They have some good dancers and acrobats. There was always some live music playing around the ship as well. Service - service was excellent all around the ship. Our stateroom attendant, Magno, was great! Embarkation was pretty crazy in Seattle, but we made it through in probably an hour from getting there to getting on the ship. Debarkation was pretty easy, but the taxi line is long! If you have a flight you need to get to, I suggest using the taxi service you arrange in advance with Celebrity. The ports were all beautiful and the shore excursions were excellent! What a wonderful Alaskan cruise! You must, must get a balcony, otherwise you will wish you did!

Great Overall Cruise Experience!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by gohokies123

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda
The cruise experience on the Celebrity Solstice was great overall!

Cabin - see details below.

gohokies123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2A 7203
We had cabins 7203 and 7205, right next door to each other. The coolest thing was the divider on the deck that they could swing open, which made it one big balcony we could share with the kids (only about half the divider swings open, so there is still some division). This made it so much easier to walk between rooms and talk to each other.

The beds were pretty comfortable, not the best, but not bad. Plenty of storage space for clothes and under the bed for luggage. The bathroom was excellent - plenty of cabinet space, and a nice corner shower with doors instead of a curtain. The water pressure was excellent.

Couch was okay, not overly comfortable. Room was decorated nicely, and found it to have adequate space overall for 2 people.

View from the balcony was great! You look right down on the lifeboats below you, so if a direct view of the water below you is what you want, you won't get there here. But on the cruise, you are mostly looking out, not down, so it's not a big deal in my opinion here.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mendenhall Glacier
    The glacier tour was beautiful. They load you up on a bus and take you to the glacier. The bus driver talks about a lot of things along the way, about a 20 minute drive. They drop you off at the glacier for about 2 hours, or a little less. There are multiple trails you can take to get a closer look at the glacier. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing to see, and the lake and other scenery is great as well.
    View All 858 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Duck Tour
    Duck tour was fun - they take you all through town and then into the water. It was about an hour and a half total. The guides were entertaining and knowledgeable, and you get to see the city from land and water.
    View All 119 Duck Tour Reviews
  • Lumberjack Show
    Lumberjack show was a lot of fun! My kids really enjoyed it, and they had no idea what a lumberjack was! Easy to get to from the port, and they have a nice gift shop. Then you can stop in the other shops on the way back to the boat.
    View All 292 Lumberjack Show Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    Skagway was my favorite port - it is absolutely stunning. I can't give enough starts to the White Pass Scenic Railway excursion! I'd give it 10 stars if I could. You must, must, must go ride the train! There are a lot of people doing this excursion, but it is worth every penny and more. Take your camera. The views are absolutely stunning. Would repeat the train ride on every trip!
    View All 1,057 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Victoria
    Victoria was pretty! My son and I got off the boat and walked into town - it was a long walk, about 25 minutes. There are shuttle buses available for a fee, but we enjoyed the walk. The dock area is pretty with the waves crashing against the shore. There are some nice restaurants and views around the harbor, and the Parliament building was beautiful.
    View All 1,259 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews