Well, it was at least a break: Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Cruisingdoula

Cruisingdoula
Member Since 2017
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Well, it was at least a break

Sail Date: August 2017
Embarkation: New Orleans
The ship really isn't that bad. I liked the decor. I also didn't feel too overcrowded by people.

Our room was a nice size, the carpets are kinda old and a bit moldly.

Oddly had bottle openers in the bathroom, but the beers sold were twist off lol.

Dining was YUCK. Anything on the Lido deck tasted the same. We actually skipped dinner a few times. We ate dinner on the 2nd night, 3rd night just me and husband and the last night. The 3rd night was the best with Lamb....we also had great company when we sat with whomever they chose. The last night the creole was mediocore. The 4th night I didn't want LIDO or London so I just got desert to go, the Melting Cake with never fail you....try it with peanut butter.

Entertainment, it was okay. The shows were fun. One of the comedians didn't seem that funny, the Marine was hilarious though.

I did not like the cruise director. I wrote a nice little review on why.

Service was good, only ever More had one problem with a grumpy bartender in the Casino. Maybe it just wasn't her night.

Ports.....Cozumel we did Mr. Sanchos and Progresso we did the Techno hotel. Mr. Sancho's was fun, safe, a few people walking around with various animals to get pictures and tips. I also got a massage there which was fabulous, her name was Dulce.

ALSO, GET FASTER TO THE FUN, SO WORTH IT Less