3. Star Breeze
Having sailed on the Wind Surf three years ago, I must say that I was slightly disappointed with the STAR BREEZE experience. First of all the PROS - . very nice stateroom on deck 4 (130), large, confortable bed, wonderful shower and a very ample walk-in closet with plenty of room to store everything. . wonderful Itinerary, leaving from Venice, cruising Croatia, Montenegro and southern Italy, ending in Civitavecchia, Rome. . wonderful personnel at the Amphora Dining Room with a very special mention to AYU, CHARLIE and Raul who all provided excellent service to us (we were a group of 6 friends). - NEGATIVES . Absolutely NO ENTERTAINMENT whatsover. We were aware that the Star Breeze was not a cruise focused on entertainment, but aving cruised on the Wind Surf where there was a gentleman/crooner and an orchestra that allowed for dancing,we were disappointed with the two duos on the Star Breeze and did not especially like them. . there are no conferences, no classical music, no games, nothing at all. There is absolutely nothing to do after dinner except go to a bar (one of the bars, the Compass Rose, was freezing cold and they even had blankets there for the passengers). . "swimming pool" is a joke. it is nothing but a larger than normal bathtub, always absolutely hot and as soon as 4 people go in, it is overcrowded. Not refreshing at all. . there are not enough deck chairs on the two open decks. there is no service either. I had to look for a free chair and drag it to where I wanted to sit with absolutely no help at all from the crew. . food at the Veranda is always the same, both at breakfast and at lunch. Packaged vegetables coming from the freezer and on a cruise that stops daily at a different port, I cannot imagine why the chef does not got to the market for fresh ingredients. No quiches, no soufflés, no fresh salads with finely grated carrots, for example, or prosciutto and melone since we stopped at two Italian ports before arrival. We did not experience this lower quality of food on our previous Windstar Cruise - in fact, it was far superior to other cruises we had taken (this is our 12th. cruise). I would say this is not the case on the Star Breeze - the food is absolutely standard. . Tender service pretty bad. They always priorize the shore excursions from the ship and so we missed our chance of going to Capri from Amalfi, as we had intended. Very disorganized. Instead of handing out numbers in order of appearance at the lounge, no, they call out when the tender arrives and there are arguments. . Wifi terribly expensive and quite poor. Outrageous, this being the 21st. century! . Drinks on deck are hard to get - one has to go up to the bar, sometimes on the upper deck, to get one. . it amazes me that people cannot let go of their drinks when going into the "pool". Very annoying and very bad manners indeed. . shampoo, conditioner, etc., were not always replenished. . small chocolate left at turndown, again, always the same and NOT FRESH (chocolate had different colors a sure sign it changed temperatures). . NO CHOCOLATES left on the last night of the cruise. Our soft drinks were not replenished either from day 6 of the cruise. Cheap indeed! Big difference with our previous Windstar Cruise which was a 5*. On the whole, I would rate the Star Breeze as a 3*+ cruise. Do not know if we shall cruise with Windstar in the future. Another nuisance were the horribly loud passengers, but Windstar has no fault in this!! We asked to be moved twice at the Amphora restaurant. Not the same kind of people on our previous cruise. What a pity!

WINDSTAR DOWN A NOTCH

Star Breeze Cruise Review by MelanieSco

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Suite

First of all the PROS -

- NEGATIVES

. shampoo, conditioner, etc., were not always replenished.

MelanieSco’s Full Rating Summary