3. Adventure of the Seas
We chose this cruise based on the itinerary and Royal Caribbean has always been a nice cruise line. Our opinion has dropped a lot based on the loss of: Windjammer buffet now closes at 9:30PM Ice Cream bar is gone from the Windjammer Buffet Pool side grill is gone Chops - food as not worth the extra $42/pp. Ambience was very poor - a group of drunks was singing (screaming) outside near the entrance and the staff left the entry door open. Half our meal we could not talk over the noise from outside. Soda machines are a great idea, but 1 was always broken, sometimes both, meaning to use our group had to one time go in the Windjammer when it was closed to use theirs Our room was not made up daily Rock climbing wall was only open 1 hour/day (I never got to use it) Water slide was open so few hours/day I never got to use it. Our group's shore excursions at: **St Maarten - SMC2, Ultimate Beach & Snorkel - Awesome! **St Kitts - KT63, Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike - Double Awesome! Very hard hike to the top and I loved it. **St Kitts - KTD5, Horseback Riding in the Rainforest - AWFUL, DON'T GO. My spouse went. The helmut had broken plastic in the back that cut his head. The stirrups were so short his legs were bent up too high. The guides said they could not be adjusted longer. The result was his knees hurting so badly he still has trouble walking today after the trip. **Antigua - AND1, Horseback Beach Experience - Awesome! We loved it **Antigua - AN64, Helicopter to Montserrat Volcano - Double Awesome! My spouse because he could barely walk from yesterday's tour switched to the helicopter ride. Absolutely amazing trip!! **St Lucia - SLC2, Hotwire Pitons Zipline by the Sea - Awesome! **Barbados - BBC3, Swim with Turtles, Shipwrecks, Snorkel and Beach - Awesome!

Loss of many amenities, all but 1 disaster shore excursion were the best!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ErikP

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Windjammer buffet now closes at 9:30PM

Ice Cream bar is gone from the Windjammer Buffet

Pool side grill is gone

Our room was not made up daily

Rock climbing wall was only open 1 hour/day (I never got to use it)

Water slide was open so few hours/day I never got to use it.

Our group's shore excursions at:

**St Maarten - SMC2, Ultimate Beach & Snorkel - Awesome!

**Antigua - AND1, Horseback Beach Experience - Awesome! We loved it

**St Lucia - SLC2, Hotwire Pitons Zipline by the Sea - Awesome!

**Barbados - BBC3, Swim with Turtles, Shipwrecks, Snorkel and Beach - Awesome!
ErikP’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 7642
Our room was very nice, except it was not made up daily. First couple days the bed was not made and used towels left on the bathroom floor were not replaced.
We liked the HDMI port on the TV being open for use so we could watch movies run from our laptop.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Horseback Riding
    Code: AND1, we had a great time! Loved riding our horses on the beach. 1 of our group was VERY experienced and allowed to run on the beach. Only 1 disappointment - when we handed over our camera to take the guide to take a group photo he failed to get me in our photo and spent time looking instead at my other photos. I'd still give this an excellent rating despite my disappointment in that 1 event.
    View All 6 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Turtle Swim
    Code: BBC3, we all had a terrific time. We saw many sea adult sea turtles (a couple times they even swam up next to me and bumped into me). The only down side was several boats dropped passengers and most of us ended up congregated in 1 location. It got so crowded I was accidentally kicked several times. I still think this was an excellent outing!
    View All 63 Turtle Swim Reviews
  • San Juan
    San Juan has a lot to do. We did the Aricebo Observatory tour and requested the VIP upgrade tour. It was wonderful!!! We also went to the nearby Camuy Caverns tour. Very nice!
    View All 3,020 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Mount Liamuiga Volcano
    Code: KT63. I loved this hike! It was hard, but well worth the effort to get to the top. Good shoes are a must, the trail has a lot of tree roots and there are slippery areas.
    View All 16 Mount Liamuiga Volcano Reviews
  • Canopy Zipline
    Code: SLC2, we loved this 8-cable zip line course. Of the 8-10 zip lines we've done before, this was by far the fastest for our large group. The operators are extremely efficient and moving us along quickly which made the experience much better than expected
    View All 27 Canopy Zipline Reviews