3. Majesty of the Seas
This cruise was leaving from Port Canaveral (which is close to home) one the weekend that worked best for us to cruise. It was chosen completely for this convenience. Embarkation was great. I have cruised only on Carnival before, and Royal Caribbean has them beat on this aspect. The process was easy and the area was comfortable. None of the herding cattle feeling. We stayed in an ocean view room on deck 9. I think it was called superior ocean view.I was concerned about the size of the cabin because it was smaller than the ones we had previously, but it did not feel any smaller at all. I think it was about 155 sq feet. It was comfortable and felt pretty roomy for a cruise cabin. Dining was so-so. Probably my biggest disappointment of the cruise. The dining service was great, it was just the choices and the quality of the food that was lacking. That being said, we paid extra to eat a Johnny Rockets one day and it was awesome for burgers. My onion rings were super. The pool area was nice. It did not feel overly crowded, especially since we stayed on board when the ship docked at Nassau. Cococay was great. The water is beautiful. The BBQ lunch was really much better than the food on board the ship. Our room steward was great. He did a wonderful job. It was just me and my husband traveling, so we visited the bars and casino. We played Bingo and just relaxed. We did not see any shows. The timing of them did not really fit with our dinner schedule. I'm not sure if I would cruise on this ship again, but I would cruise with Royal Caribbean again, and I would leave from Port Canaveral just because parking and traveling there is so easy.

Pretty good for a short trip (first time on Royal Caribbean)

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by takemetoanisland

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom

Our room steward was great. He did a wonderful job.

takemetoanisland’s Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin SO 9042
The cabin space was more than adequate. I liked the set-up. It seemed to make the most of a small space. The room felt up to date. We liked having the large window. I felt like the bed was a little low to the floor, and it was pretty firm.
The AC kept us cool, but not cold. I would have preferred it to be a little cooler, but it was set as low as it would go.
Deck 9 Outside Cabins