Southern Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas - Just okay: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by sunshinejod

Adventure of the Seas 3

Southern Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas - Just okay

Sail Date: August 2017
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan
This is my second time on the adventure in the past 4 years. The trip overall was just okay. I can see the cost saving measures that rccl has implemented and was a bit disappointed with this trip.

Flew into San Juan the morning if the cruise and used a independent shuttle service to get to pier. After the quick ride, we arrived at the pier at 1:30pm and the line was out the door for first time cruisers. The line for repeat cruisers was short thankfully and we were all checked in and on the ship in about 20 minutes. Hit the windjammer as soon as we arrived. Was crowded as usual, and the selection was lacking. I nibbled on a lot of different things, but didn't find anything to be outstanding. This was the first and last time I had lunch in the windjammer on this cruise.

Rooms were ready shortly after lunch and we went back there to take quick nap prior to sailing away. The room was clean, but it had a kinda moldy smell the entire trip. The toilet also had to be flushed More more than once for things to go down.The service was lacking overall. My room attendant wasn't very friendly and didn't pay attention to detail. had to ask for towels more than once and only had a towel animal in the room on one night of the entire trip.

I had a deluxe drink and internet package. I found the drink service to be lacking overall. Service was slow and they didn't seem inclined to come back often to see if you wanted a refill. Not sure if it was because the tip was already prepaid or what, but I have had better service in the past. I couldn't get a drink the windjammer during breakfast to save my life. The internet was terrible. It only worked every once in a while even though I was logged in. I found the free wifi on the beach at some places to be faster than the one on the ship. Not worth the cost.

The entertainment was also very lacking, even though I feel like most of the crew was trying. There seemed to be fewer activities in the past and the hosts sometimes seemed like they would prefer to be anywhere than where they were. The adult comedy show was fun and classics like the quest were funny as usual. The production show "jackpot" was truly terrible. I felt bad for the performers that have to do it every week.

The dining room was slow and the staff was not nearly as attentive as in the past. Usually, they would know what I wanted to drink and things like that by the third night, but these group never got the hang of it. I felt like they were just going through the motions and couldn't wait for us to leave. Also, the food quality has gone down hill. I ended up going to Johnny Rockets for lunch and dinner more than once on this trip.

On the bright side, the ports of call were beautiful and I felt like everything went smoothly with them. The elevators got a bit backed up upon returning, but nothing too extreme. The sun was shining most of the time we were in port and the tours we took were fun.

Overall, I would recommend this cruise to others, but would just tell past cruiser to lower their expectations a bit. This is not the rccl of the past. Everything will cost you more and you will be longing for some of the personal touches that you had in the past. For the base price, I think it's a good trip and would go again. Less

Published 09/11/17

Cabin review: L8117 Interior Stateroom

Read All Interior Stateroom (L) Reviews >>

Did a tour on the way to the airport after the cruise. Not pre-planned, just found a guy doing tours for $25 with an airport drop off. Was a fun, inexpensive was to see PR prior to leaving.
Read 3012 San Juan Reviews

Island Tour

Scenic island tour. Was fun, but I think I could have done the same thing for cheaper with a local cab driver.

Did a tour with cosol. Was a blast. Would highly recommend to others.
Read 1141 St. Lucia Reviews

Beautiful island. Just went to the beach up the street from the port. Cheap day of fun.

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises