Good food, right size: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Inigo54
Overall Member Rating
Good food, right size
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
1. Ports of call: Santorini (and to a lesser extent Dubrovnik) were horribly over-crowded - too many cruise ships in port with over 10,000 passengers between them! As a result queues for cable car were an hour long. Similar in Venice (departure and return port for several big cruise ships daily) where it's becoming like Disneyland - with fewer locals than tourists. Cruise companies need to find different destinations before they kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
2. 'Gratuities' - like most cruise lines, RCL adds a gratuity to the bill = 12% of our total cost. Why not just pay crew More properly, charge accordingly and encourage customers to report excellent service. The idea of a gratuity is to reward individual service - rather than treat it as a semi-compulsory tax!
3. Big screen poolside was in poor condition with several patches where pixels were damaged.
4.Lack of quiet spaces inside ship - despite Disney being a kid oriented cruise line, I found better facilities for adults to enjoy some peace and quiet than with RCL which seeks to provide amplified music throughout the public areas of the ship.
5. Entertainment was very average - only 45mins per show and little variety (most of the acts were fine in small doses but not as sole act for whole show).
6. Some slip ups with room service on first day - room safe wouldn't open (after we put our passports in) and only 2 towels provided for 4 people - both took almost an hour and 3 follow up calls to fix. Less
Read Cruise Critic’s Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>
Great cruise out of Venice
Fantastic Ports, Older Crowd
Disappointing Itinerary change...
A good time spent with family....
Last minute holiday and very h...