Wouldn't call it sensational: Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Nyle1087

Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

Wouldn't call it sensational

Sail Date: August 2017
This was a vacation cruise for my husband and I. This was our 7th with Carnival. My husband booked it. but didn't research. I'm the one who usually did this. So when we boarded the ship we noticed it was much smaller and older than the other ships we had been on. Once we got to our stateroom disappointment really sat in. It was much smaller and dusty, the bathroom was ancient, no real space to put our toiletries, no sofa, no table. Couldn't eat comfortably in the room. Also no ice bucket. When we asked for ice they gave us a beer bucket. Also the towels were dingy. They were encouraging us to reuse our towels. We were reluctant to use them the first time, but had no choice.

We vented at the steward, who listened calmly and informed us on the ships new environmental rules. Also no robes. We had to ask for them. Never did that before. The service was very good, especially our waiters and the food was pretty good in all areas, not a big variety though. We did enjoy the islands More and the entertainment, but all and all this ship should retire or be upgraded. On the day of debarkation, needed to go to washroom after leaving room. We were in the lounge waiting to leave and the only two bathrooms near, one was out of order and the other was filthy with feces on the floor and toilets, couldn't go in. Never relieved myself until we got on the bus taking us back to the airport. Shame, shame and double shame. Carnival, I know you can afford to do better. Less

Published 09/08/17

Cabin review: 8DE102 Balcony

As said in my review, the cabin was very small compared to other ships we've been on, it was dusty and the bathroom's features were very outdated. The towels were dingy and some of them had stains. As I said also no ice was given in the cabins and when we asked, we received a beer bucket. There was no sofa and no table and only one chair and an ottoman. We had to ask for robes. Had I known would have brought my own. The steward was very nice and did everything he could to accommodate us.

Read All Balcony (8D) Reviews >>