3. Westerdam
We booked this cruise because we received a great deal on the price and we liked the ports listed. The cruise started in Rome and ended in Venice with an overnight. I originally booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin, but approximately three before the cruise, I received an email from HAL offering an upgrade to a Signature Suite at a reduced price. I took the upgrade and was assigned 6070. The cabin was spacious, comfortable, and had a nice balcony. If I can get a Signature Suite again, I will! Our cabin steward was excellent. We visited the Pinnacle Grill once. My mom loved her Crab Cakes and Lamb Chops. However, I was disappointed with my meal. Lobster bisque should be red (actually bright red) but on the Westerdam, it was dark brown. I asked several passengers about this and intend to follow up with HAL about this. The chef appears to be cooking it differently. I also ordered the King Salmon. When it is arrived, it was only warm and the center of the Salmon was cool. I should have sent it back but did not want to wait longer. We took all of our breakfasts (except for one) in the Lido. The Lido is a busy place. You really need to get a table first and then look for food. Sometimes it was easy to locate a table but sometimes it would take 5-10 minutes. Many tables are for larger groups, so you have to keep looking. The food was good at breakfast time. We enjoyed the waffles, pancakes, and cooked-to-order eggs. We only ate lunch once on the ship as we were out in ports during the day. Dinner was disappointing at the Lido. They did not seem to have a lot to pick from. I wish the Lido would serve burgers and hotdogs for dinner, but they do not. They do have a pasta bar and pizza. One night, I thought the Lido offerings at the grill were bizarre: quail, pork butts, or perch! The salad bar area was very good if you like salad. I would like to see more fresh, cooked vegetables and more fresh fruit on the ship. There were no fresh apples, nectarines, tangerines, oranges, or bananas. Most of our time was spent visiting the tours and doing tours. At night, my mom enjoyed the casino on the ship and only lost a few hundred dollars. She found the casino host to be friendly and after a few days, she was offered free drinks whenever she gambled. I watched movies in the cabin.

10-Day Mediterranean Cruise!

ChinaShrek’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SS 6070
I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. It is located in the center of the ship, close to the elevator. We could hardly hear any noise in the cabin during the cruise. There is plenty of room to move around, a full couch, and chairs. The bathroom has two sinks, a shower stall, and a full tub.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins