The Good & The Bad: Carnival Dream Cruise Review by TruckerLaFemme

Overall Member Rating

The Good & The Bad

Sail Date: August 2017
Embarkation: New Orleans
We had a spa balcony room. Part of the perks of having this room was access to robes & slippers. We had to continuously ask for the robes. My last night on the ship I had to just go to the spa without a robe because I didn't have one & it took hours for the steward to bring the robe. Also, the steam rooms weren't fully functional & I caught the staff taking pictures of what appeared to be damaged areas around the showers. The Oriental steam room was blocked off with an empty towel hamper the entire week. Overall the spa area needs updating & a really good cleaning. Also, the front desk receptionists at the spa weren't the friendliest, either. I can easily describe the food - very cheap quality & boring. But I also understand that you get what you pay for & Carnival is a budget cruise. The good were the spa techs who performed the many services that I took advantage of. I had the best Shellac mani/pedi ever. The couples massage was AMAZING & my bikini wax More was a great experience as well. All & all, my husband & I had a good time. I'm already booked on 3 Carnival cruises in the next 10 months. After 2018, I will be exploring other cruise lines such as Norwegian &/or Celebrity. Less

Published 09/11/17

Cabin review: Spa Balcony12214

Clean. Mattress was uncomfortable & I slept on my sides most nights.

City Tour

It was great & cheap. We toured the island with 5 other people in a van & our guide took us to a nice restaurant & to different places to take pictures. He also took us to a liquor store where we were allowed to sample some drinks & I scored a nice bottle of wine for my mom.

City Tour

We hired a taxi for 4 hours for $120. He took us wherever we wanted to go & then on a tour of the island. We stopped at different bars/restaurants/beaches & took photos & shopped. We stopped at a Mayan Ruins site but the tourists exiting warned us of swarming mosquitoes & we got back in our taxi & left. We also went on a tour of a tequila factory - Tres Tonos was the name, I think. This was a great way to see the city!

Alex was our lead guide. He was great. I totally thought we were going to ride the ATVs to the beach & on a more scenic route. Really this is just someone's property that they've made an ATV trail on. You ride around for about an hour & then they drop you off at a manmade beach after but you have to pay for everything there. Considering the cost, I don't think this is worth the money. But the staff was super friendly.

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises