Britannia Cruise Review

It's all about the money

Britannia Cruise Review by Fizzly

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Europe

I chose this cruise mainly because of the ports of call. I was very disappointed in p&0. It seems to be about trying to get as money out of the guests as possible. I have only been with Royal Caribbean before so can only compare with them.

Food in the main restaurant was better on Britannia however the buffet restaurant wasn't as good in my opinion. There was too much of the hard sell with staff trying to get you to book a paying restaurant while eating dinner, or as soon as we had come back from a trip. There was also a charge for some exercise classes!

Cabins - I had a disabled cabin for my husband and can't fault it, lots of space and the facilities in the bathroom were great. However friends had a balcony cabin and it was tiny compared to Royal Caribbean. They had no proper wardrobe and just enough space to pass between the bed and wall. RC had a sofa and coffee table and still hAd lots of floor space.

My husband was unable to travel and I expected to receive the full onboard spend for the cabin considering the amount we had paid however they only gave me half. I have emailed on returning home but 5 days later still no reply apart from the automated acknowledgement. Again, they have my money and don't appear to care about anything else.

Another gripe is being unable to check your onboard account on the tv. You need to ask reception for a print out. I did this on several occasions to find I had been wrongly charged for room service. It was finally removed after the third time of asking.

Can't understand why they don't have a drinks package when it's available on their other ships.

Would I book again with p&o - definitely not.

Fizzly's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony - disabled D302

Very good facilities especially in the bathroom and lots of space for disabled passengers. Balcony small. Could do with more sockets - none that I could see next to the bed.

Fizzly