3. Grand Celebration
We sailed as part of a package deal with a timeshare presentation. We stayed in Freeport for 2 nights, then back on the ship for another night. I have been on 14 cruises prior to this one...the shortest. The ship was formerly operated by Carnival as the Carnival Celebration. It is a 30 year old ship, but it still looks pretty good. I would say not quite as good as other cruises, but as a smaller ship, it feels less crowded and more relaxed than other cruises. Embarkation was fairly simple, and debarkation, although fairly easy, came with one glitch. We decided to self debark by taking all of our luggage with us. While we had a time frame for this, the ship did not announce when the ship was cleared and we could leave. By the time we got off the ship, there were 400 passengers in line to clear Bahamian customs. Fortunately, we bypassed that line because my wife is handicapped. Recommend self debarkation, but don't expect an announcement that the ship is cleared. Some people diss cruises, but personally, I've never had a bad one. Just go on this simple 2 night cruise, and just enjoy it! It is what you make it. I would go again. The only two things that took away from the experience: 1) The cruise line charged us $9 a day for a fuel surcharge. Not sure on what this is based, as worldwide oil prices have been very moderate, and 2) valet parking the port (not fault of the cruise line) was $18 a night. So this raked up a bill of $72 just for the 4 nights we were gone. Not many other options. You can self park, but not recommended.

Short Cruise, but very Casual and Nice Trip!

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by tkj99

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
tkj99’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin E75
Cabin was fine. Designed for Carnival, and the cabin looked like other Carnival ships we have been on.