3. Celebrity Solstice
We were so incredibly impressed with everything about our recent Solstice experience. Although there were close to 3,000 people aboard, we never felt like things were crowded and we found the staff to be incredibly friendly, helpful and professional. The ship was absolutely spotless, with the crew constantly cleaning ,polishing and administering hand sanitizer to guests at key spots aboard the ship. The ship was gorgeous and decorated in a very clsssy style. It was not over the top glitz, which is not my taste. Everything was done in a very elegant, warm, extremely beautiful way.The cabins were lovely and very comfortable, with a surprisingly functional and roomy bathroom. We had opted for Aquas Class, and it was well worth the extra money! We loved eating in Blu. The food,ambiance, service and friendliness of the staff was incredible. Kudos to the entire staff of Blu. I did see people lined up in the stairway to go to eat in the very large main dining room, and we were very happy that we had chosen AQ so that we could eat each evening in the intimate venue of Blu. The ports were all great and I was very impressed with how organized the ship was dispatching people to the proper excursion buses. We took all excursions through the ship and were delighted with all of them. My only complaint was in Istanbul, where much time (almost an hour) was wasted while a carpet demonstration turned into a long sales pitch. I know there was a separate shopping excursion and would recommend the visit to the rug showrooms should be saved for that excursion. The rest of our day was rushed because of this. My only other complaint is that I know in past cruises Rhodes was included as a port, and I would have liked to go there instead of a third day at sea. Overall, I would rate my experience as excellent and would cruise with Celebrity X class ships again. I hope they come up with some new itineraries in the future, with more stops to the Cote d'Azur and southern France in general or maybe even some western French ports near Britanny or Bordeaux? It seems all of the cruise lines do almost the same itineraries, and we have been to most of the existing ports on numerous occasions. I would heartily recommend Celebrity and look forward to cruising with them again!

Trip of a lifetime......