3. River Ambassador
We choose this cruise specifically because of the excursion to castle Neuschwanstein, the Bavarian castle which Disney modeled Cinderella's castle. The castle was great and beautiful in every way. I was disappointed that we felt so rushed the whole day both getting there and the amount of time spent there. I would have liked to spend more time at the castle and then the village below. I came so far just to see this as the highlight of our trip, only to be rushed through. I don't understand why they couldn't have extended the time, its not like we had to be home at a certain time. It was a 2 hour bus ride there and back. After the tour we had to make a choice to eat lunch at one of the very quaint restaurants or go shopping. I chose the shopping and not eat. Also disappointing was we were supposed to visit King Ludwig's museum, only to find out all museums are closed on Mondays, the day we were there. Couldn't they have planned that better? Especially knowing its listed in the catalog as a stop we were to make. My husband and I have traveled before on river cruises. This cabin was by far the smallest, but we didn't really have a choice since this was the size of the ship's cabins. I felt like I was sleeping in a closet. The ship only has french balconies, no outside balconies, another feature I would normally prefer. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The service was excellent and the food was also excellent and gave you a variety of selections, as well as wines and beers, all included. The cruise director was rather "flat", not much personality and I felt other than his talks in the lounge, didn't inform us on a day to day basis of the schedule. Yes, we received a program each night in the room, but there were still always unanswered questions which guests were always asking each other for the answers. Although the tours were interesting and informative, I felt the tour guides did a much better job on previous ships we have been on. We did really enjoy the two different occasions for just cruising and relaxing on board. They could have done a better job with entertainment, which was really non existent, except for a keyboard player each night. We would have really enjoyed some local authentic entertainment in some of the ports, or bring us to restaurants with entertainment. That was another disappointment for us. Again, there was good and bad, but all in all it was a memorable trip.

Beautful but rushed!

River Ambassador Cruise Review by puntacana2

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Stateroom with French Balcony

Again, there was good and bad, but all in all it was a memorable trip.
puntacana2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld River Ambassador price drops

Standard Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin 1 209
Already gave this review above.
Rhine Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins